Glimpse of us- angst, Shuntaro Chishiya

♢ 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐞: Angst

♢ 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: Chishiya broke up with you a while ago, claiming you were too much baggage for him. Yet now every time he does something, he remembers you and how stupid he was to let go of you. But you already moved on with someone else, and it was too late.

♢ 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: Language

♢ 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 2.8k

♢ 𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠: Glimpse Of Us by Joji

The Borderlands was not a place to fall in love. When your loved one could die at literally any moment, there was no safe place for love. You should've known that. But it wasn't like you fell in love with him because you two were stuck in a deadly game-playing country. You weren't that stupid. But still stupid enough to fall for his tricks.

You were nothing more than a pawn to him. Someone to go to when he needed to remember what it's like to be normal, to be human, above all things. But the thing is, no matter what,

Chishiya Shuntaro would never change. Especially not for you.

The feeling was bizarre to Shuntaro. The feeling of love and affection. He never got it from his father who was always staring at the computer screen, and he'd never been in a genuine relationship before you. Maybe that's why he ended things. Because it was too weird for him. To feel loved after believing he wasn't worthy of it after so long. No. Because he refused to believe he was just like everyone else. Someone desperate for love and some sort of acknowledgment of his hard work.

Yet, it still didn't work.

When it was announced that there would be a second stage in the Borderlands, you were grateful that things would soon return to normal. But Shuntaro thought of other things.

To him, the real world was useless, filled with useless people and useless jobs, even you were useless after he collected the cards from The Beach. But this world? He was practically a God. Being smarter than everyone else only boosted his already high ego, but to make it to the second stage only made him worse.

He didn't even properly say goodbye to you. You ended up finding Kuina instead of him who was just as angry at him as you were for abandoning the two of you.

This resulted in you migrating into Arisu's group. Luckily, you had known Kuina for some time thanks to these games so she put in a good word for you, even if you accidentally helped Shuntaro gather the cards and throw Arisu under the bus.

But Arisu let you in the group anyways, even if you were involved with his almost suffocating death. Because he was that kind of person. One who forgave even if the circumstances didn't need it. That was the main difference between him and Shuntaro.

Shuntaro never apologized for anything, believing he was always right and you were always wrong, even if he knew damn well he was wrong, he would never say sorry or admit his defeat. Whereas Ryohei would say sorry for just about everything and always think he was in the wrong even if he was right.

It was odd, to see two people that were polar opposites. You had been with Shuntaro for so long that you forgot what it was like to not be tricked, manipulated, or gaslighted into things. Arisu Ryohei was a breath of fresh air. Even if he came with traumas he could hardly speak about, or was awkward to the point where he would just stare at you without saying anything, it was better than anything Shuntaro did.

But never once did Shuntaro believe you would end up with Ryohei.

Shuntaro was so sure that Ryohei was too much of an idiot for you, too sweet, too caring. But in reality, he knew it was a possibility of it occurring. Even though at first Ryohei was almost obsessed with Usagi, he ended up choosing you instead. Shuntaro just never thought you could get over him.