Part 1. The First Seal - 11th of September, 1890

THE FIRST SEAL

Thursday, 11th of September, 1890

          "Where do you think you're going?" a voice stopped me in my tracks as I made my way across the common room. I sighed and rolled my eyes before turning to face the source.

"Good night, Imelda" I smiled politely.

"It's past curfew... If you make us lose house points with this little night stroll—"

"Imelda," I cut her off, "no one will see me, trust me."

The Slytherin girl stood up from the sofa where she laid for the last hour, putting down the book that had held her attention until that moment.

"You're meeting up with him, aren't you?" she said crossing her arms.

"I don't know what you're talking about..." I answered avoiding eye contact.

Imelda Reyes looked at me with furrowed brows before rolling her eyes and turning around.

"Be careful with Sebastian, Y/N..." she said nonchalantly as she walked away.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You'll see..." the brown haired girl scoffed without looking at me, disappearing completely into the dorms corridor.

         September that year was not as cold as the last one, on the contrary, it was warmer than usually. Still, I could feel my body shivering. The night wrapped its arms around Hogwarts softly, barely caressing it with a cool breeze. Silence reigned in the castle as I stepped down the big staircase of the Central Hall, my gaze travelling the big space, making sure Peeves wasn't around. As I got closer, my heart rate increased and doubts filled my brain, the reminiscence of the previous conversation still in the back of my head.

What did Imelda mean by "be careful"? Why did her way of talking about him made my stomach turn?

Those thoughts were shaken away from my mind as I made eye contact with him. There he was, Sebastian Sallow, his back leaned against the railing of the stairway, looking at me as I made my way to him.

"You've made it! Good!" he smirked, standing straight.

"Thank you for helping me with this." I smiled as I approached him, to what he shrugged.

"See there?" the freckled boy nodded towards one of the library doors "That's the door we need to reach..." he looked back at me furrowing his brows as I listened carefully "And those annoying prefects would love nothing more than to rat on us to Scribner, so don't let them see us... Understood?"

"I can be sneaky. Let's go!" I whispered.

"Hold on now" he smirked.

Sebastian Sallow's words filled the space between us, carrying themselves carefully in the silence of the Central Hall. Maybe it was his tone, or maybe it was his soft gaze's fault as he explained everything in perfect detail, but something about that improvised lesson had captivated me. I blinked surprised as the cockiness he once displayed, faded away into the night, showing a new side of him, a softer and more patient side.

"There you go! You're a natural!" he praised as I turned practically invisible before him, perfectly executing the disillusionment charm he had just taught me. I smiled proud as I walked around in my new transparent form, appearing as just a trick of the light to him.

"Alright, now we're ready" he whispered as he casted the charm on himself as well "Remember, be quiet, and stay down."

I squinted my eyes as the brown haired boy passed by me, leading the way, focusing on the mirage of his almost invisible body, trying not to lose him. I felt my heart skip a beat at every clicking noise my shoes made against the marble steps, while we carefully walked down the big staircase. I started getting self-conscious of each sound I made, fearing that even my own breathing was too loud. A soft gasp escaped my lips as a prefect walked in front of us, making Sebastian rise his arm, commanding me to stop moving. My gaze followed the Hufflepuff prefect as she walked away, leaving the air charged with tension at her wake. I felt my body stiffen in surprise as I heard a soft chuckle coming from the illusion of the Slytherin boy in front of me.