Sunday, 19th of October, 1890

         "What on Earth are you wearing?"

"Have you never seen a Quidditch uniform, Sallow?" I teased as the freckled boy looked up and down at my attire in the middle of the Slytherin Common Room.

"Oh, I have, Y/L/N." he responded, putting his hands in the pockets of his uniform pants and walking closer "But you do remember that Quidditch is cancelled this season now, do you? Or maybe you were too distracted by being sorted in the same house as such handsome lad?" he teased back, shrugging.

"Mhm... Perhaps you're right... What can I say? Ominis is quite handsome."

"Ha, ha. Adorable." he rolled his eyes while making his way to the green velvet sofa that stood in front of me "Anyway, are you going to tell me why you're dressed like that, or do I have to get down on my knees and beg?" I watched as he let himself fall onto the settee with a deep sigh.

"Imelda is going to teach me how to fly a broomstick like a professional! She let me borrow her old Quidditch uniform! Don't I look dashing?" I joked placing my hands on my hips, a hint of enthusiasm tainting my voice.

"What? Imelda is teaching you? Why? Don't you have that extracurricular flying class with Professor Kogawa?" he furrowed his brows.

"I do, but Imelda says that her teaching is "old-fashioned" and that she could teach me some tricks. I thought it could be quite fun!"

"Well, if you wanted to learn how to fly you could have come to me! I was on the Quidditch team too, you know?" he said leaning back into the sofa crossing his arms.

"Are you jealous?" I scoffed, crossing my own arms as well.

"Jealous?! Please... I just thought since I was the one giving you private lessons, I could perhaps also help you with that. But if you want Imelda to teach you, by all means, be my guest! I just wasn't aware that you were best friends now..." he smiled sarcastically.

"As a matter of fact, she was the one who proposed it to me" I furrowed my brows "And I don't see a problem in trying to make more friends..."

"That's not what I meant..."

My friendship with Sebastian Sallow had grown quite a bit during that past month. He proved himself to be very convincing by talking Ominis into letting us use the Undercroft for our "private lessons", as he called them. His ability to manipulate as he pleased was almost scary, but the blond Slytherin boy did not oppose no longer to our trips into the secret room. The guilt I felt that day under my ribcage did not leave until I finally spoke to Ominis myself, apologising for the misunderstanding, although I still felt it reminiscent as I saw I was the reason the two best friends were falling apart.

I was excited about Imelda teaching me her flying tricks. I thought she didn't like me when I first met her, but as the days went by, she seemed to grow fond of me, in her own way, at least. I liked spending time with Sebastian, but, truth be told, I didn't have much friends at Hogwarts yet. I had a few acquaintances, it was not like I was completely asocial, but not the kind one would invite to have a butterbeer at Hogsmeade on the weekends. It was quite embarrassing to admit that my best friend at that time was Professor Fig, but he was the only person, besides Sebastian, that knew about my abilities. My mind could not help but go back to the events that took place a month ago. The book I had found in the Restricted Section of the library had no information about my Ancient Magic whatsoever, on the contrary, it only arose more doubts, hence, Fig took it with him to the Ministry to learn more about it.

Hogwarts held more secrets and mysteries than anyone could ever imagine, that's why it was no surprise finding The Map Chamber accidentally. The room stood solemnly before me as I stepped further into it, four big empty portraits decorating the  west wall. I looked around the space that surrounded me in awe, surprised when a tall man walked into frame in one of the portraits. His name was Professor Rackham. The old man explained carelessly that the book I found, that I deemed useless, was, indeed, the key to learn more about my Ancient Magic, and to stop Ranrok's upcoming goblin rebellion. My heart kept racing anxiously as the days went by, waiting for Professor Fig to return with the damned book, as without it, our investigation could go no further. I needed to distract myself from the tortuous uncertainty of what was to come, and Imelda's proposition was exactly what I needed.