5. THE VISIT

The four walls of jail became my new habitat for more than ten days

The four walls of jail became my new habitat for more than ten days. The patience to wait for the blood reports has successfully crossed the limit. I was informed the reports will be ready  in two days but it has already been four days. 

Her black eyes fixed on me when I gained consciousness that day. Her hand holding me by my arm was the only good thing about the whole conspiracy theory of murder. 

My whole family visited Mumbai four days back but I only met my brother and my father due to the rigid rules of the jail authorities. 

Time is the examiner and I am his student who has been asked to give an exam with an unpredictable question paper - which will  decide whether I pass or fail and no marks will be given. 

My mind filled with thoughts paused when the iron door of the bar made a sound alerting me of someone's arrival. 

It's the constable who comes everyday to take me to the interrogation room for the inquiry. The press conference and interviews have replaced the inquiry of the case, the paparazzi and media personnel have been replaced into the officers. 

Without giving him a chance to repeat the usual mandatory message , I got up from my place and walked outside once he locked the handcuff in my hands which  used to wear branded watches. 

I walked following him, looking down on the ground and noticed only the shoes of a few people around me, without noticing  their faces to find out who they were. 

“Why is he wearing handcuffs? ” I heard a manly familiar voice, maybe it's Roy sir. 

The constable removed it by inserting the key and I stared at everyone who was standing in the police station. 

The officers' team, Dhruv , Lakshay Bhabha and Hriday stood looking at me and I was puzzled to make sense what's happening. 

“Mr. Chauhan, the blood report has not been matched , including the hair sample. You have been proved innocent. Congratulations Mr. Chauhan . ” Roy sir, announced . My best friend and Lakshay Bhabha hugged me with tears of joy. 

“I told you already Garv can't do this, ” Dhruv said, wiping his tears. 

“Then who is behind all this? ” Hriday questioned the team .

“Yes Sir, who is the one? ” I joined him.

“The blood and hair sample hasn't matched with anyone in the party.  It's an outsider who is actually the one ” She informed looking at everyone except me. 

I met my manager and Dhruv called Mehar Bhabisa to inform them of the news. 

“Also, Chowdhury has taken back their report. They have asked to stop this investigation for a while as they are facing a tough time but isn't it strange? ” Arisa discussed with her team but we didn't continue talking to them as we decided to go back home.