Prologue

"Stop!" I yelled. It only got worse. An unidentified Pokémon was beating me. I staggered up, only to meet a figure that looked like a dog with long ears and a tail that looked like a blaze of fire.

   She kicked me in the side several times, then picked me up and left me airborne. "Ugh..." I said, barely having any breath left.

   I cried. I was only a helpless Eevee, and this thing was beating the life outta me.

   "Pfft. Pathetic." She stomped on me once more.

   "STOP!" We both looked to the horizon only to see another Eevee.

   He used Swift on my attacker. The Flareon, not in time to react, was knocked into the sky with the Eevee's Quick Attack.

   "You're good.." the Flareon mumbled before retaliating with a Flamethrower attack.

   The Eevee was burned but had enough energy to use Swift once more. He got up, lifted me onto his back, and sprinted home.

   "Pfft. This is why we don't go into the field down yonder." Mama grunted. She picked me up. "We better take you to the hospital."

   We went to the hospital where they took me to a room and did tests of all sorts. System checks, blood pulse, heartbeat, and also things that had to do with burns since I had been in contact to fire over 300°.

    I don't know how I made it. Believe me, I'd tell you. Maybe it was a sign from Arceus itself.