Rejection

I woke up to my alarm that rung loudly in my ear. I pressed the snooze button. I was not a morning Pokémon.

Riptide urged me to get up. "Come on, sis!" He said. He looked at my burn mark on the underbelly from years ago.

I got up. "Do I have to go to high school?" I asked. "Yes, you do." He looked at me with a serious expression. When he pulled that face, you knew heeant business. I scoffed. "Fine."

I went to my mom, a Leafeon. She asked if I wanted any breakfast. "No, thanks." I said. I didn't usually eat breakfast. I refuse to believe that break fast is the most "important meal of the day" and it "wakes you up". It's just breakfast, how could it do any of that? Riptide said no as well, although he usually ate breakfast.

"Why aren't you eating?" I ask once he packs his bag. "You love breakfast, and you always eat it?" He glanced at me. It seemed like he didn't have time to explain to me why. "I'm nervous." He said. "For what?" He responded, "About high school."

"You've been in high school for a year now. Why are you nervous? You know more than I do." I say reasonably. "I mean, I know this is a new town, but you like new stuff." As he finishes packing my bag, he turns to me. "No, no. You're right, but... I'm worried for you."

Oh. That makes sense.

"Well, don't. It'll be fine. I'll be fine." I reassure him as he makes sure he's got everything. I look at the burn mark on my underbelly - a blotch of slightly darkened fur. But it had a story behind it. I scowled down at it. I hated Flareons. Every single Flareon in every single myth that I read was either a witch, an evil sorcerer, or some firey spirit who haunts random people who don't really deserve it, in my opinion. But those were just myths. Maybe it was time to open up, just a little?

"Okay, mom. Love you." Riptide says, putting on his bookbag. I do too, and we are both at the bus stop before we know it. I noticed Riptide to my side, shaking his tail off. I chuckle. "Seriously, why are you so uptight? It's just high school." This grabs his attention, and he stops shaking. "How can you tell?" I look at him, dumbfounded. "You're over here shaking your tail off as if it's the middle of winter."

"You're cold." He says, a simple - and fair - explanation. I shrug as the bus approaches. We stand up and climb on.

When I'm searching for a seat (hopefully I'll get one to myself), I observe the Pokémon around me. What grade is that Absol in? Is that Zeraora single? Is there any freshman like me?

As I swiftly look around, I see an open spot - bingo! - and set my bag down. Riptide takes the seat across from me whom he shares with a strange Leafeon. I observe the Leafeon he is sitting with - a tanner base, red ears and leaves, and a sharp, gleaming red tail. Her smell wafted towards me - autumn leaves. It smelled nice, but i quite wanted to know how she was colored that way. However she was colored I wish I was abnormally colored as well.

We stopped once more, and more Pokémon got on, even a Manaphy, which I thought was cool. I wish I was legendary, but I like myself. Then, another Glaceon got on. Sweet! They asked to sit next to me. I nodded and observed them. Pale blue fur, icy blue bangs, and the tips of them were a dark blue with a hint of grey. I've never saw another Glaceon before (I only looked at myself in the mirror), not even on TV, so this was cool - and they chose to sit next to me.

"What's your name?" I ask. The Glaceon looks at me. "Icicle." She said. "Hm. What grade are you in?" She responded, "Ninth." Yes, we were in the same grade... "Where do you go to school?" She grunted, as if she wanted the questions to stop. "An Eevee- only school." "Hey, I'm going there too. It's in Mesagoza, right?" She nods. "What's it like there?" Icicle pauses and adds, "Hell, for me. I like this Umbreon named Tamao, but this Sylveon does as well. Sylvie is her name. And you thought two were enough? An Espeon named Sakura like him as well, and a Leafeon called Fern. Today is his second week being here, and it's getting worse by the day. I just have to kiss him soon."