Patience

Hey, you enjoying the story so far? If you are, please consider following me! It makes me very happy, and to you, that means even more stories like this to enjoy, plus the opportunity to request short stories dedicated to you! Tysm for reading, and I hope you enjoy Chapter Four!

---------------~☆~---------------

I lay on the sunbed in our backyard, trying to relax. But dang, does my frostbite hurt. I try to take my mind off it, but nothing works. I was token of the hospital and they gave me ointments and medicine. I could feel it clearing up, but that didn't make the pain any better.

I look at my frostbite mark from a couple days ago. Why did I even suggest going over to Snowfall' s house to play War? Now that I think of it, that seems incredibly dumb. I shrug it off and concentrate on that moment we shared, watching the sunset on her balcony. She's so beautiful. I want her so badly... I want to hug her again. I wonder if she will reject me this time... No, that'll mess up our current potential friendship. I think as I watch the sunset at my own house. Hey, maybe, just maybe... Snowfall is watching the sunset as well.

I shook my head. I have got to stop thinking about that Glaceon. How could I not, though? She's everything I want in a girl. It was only then did I realize that, dang, I'm dog tired. I slink to my bedroom and hurtle myself into the bed. I'm exhausted. A curled up so tight that my nose was stuffed in my fluffy tail.

The next morning, I got up and walked into the kitchen, as always. I was met by my dad, who was making himself some coffee.

"Mornin', Champ," he said. "Morning, Dad. Where's Lavendar and Magic" I ask. "Lavendar's at her friend's. She woke up early, they were going on a vacation. Magic is still asleep, I bet'cha." No fair. Lavendar has all the fun. "Oh. How many days of Sprung Break do we have left? I lost track." My dad took a look at the calendar. "Plenty. Five days," he said.

"If you don't mind, could I go to a friend's house? Their house is right down the block." I inform. "Sure, but at least make yourself presentable first." Trust me, with where I was going, I'd never forget to make myself presentable.

I got ready for the day and headed over to Snowfall's house. I knocked on her door, and I was greeted by a Vaporeon. From what I remember, this was Snowfall's brother.

"Hello. Is Snowfall home?" I asked. "Mhm, she's just inside. Come on in," he said, smiling. I nod and smile, and step inside. This house was already nice, with a clearing in the entrance with two staircases on either side of the room which led to a second floor, visible from here. Oh, and they had a chandelier.

"Dang, this house is nice," I say. "What does your family do for a living?" The Vaporein laughed and said, "Work a lot. Particularly, in a software designing company." My mouth dropped. "You design softwares?" The Vaporeon nods. "Yup. My dad, Paprika the Flareon - he works for PokéTech." I nod. "That's so cool. That's, like, the biggest technology company known to Pokékind." He nods and smiles, then calls for Snowfall. "Sis, you have a visitor!" He calls.

Snowfall walked down the stairs. Her eyes went wide when she saw me. She rushed over. "Aries, hi! How good it is to see you! Let's go outside." She said, practically shoving me out the door. "Oh, well... you two have fun!" The Vaporeon said, waving. Snowfall turned to him, still pushing me, and flashed a fake smile as we rushed dout the door.

"What are you doing here!?" Snowfall said with a stern look. "I was thinking of hanging out," I said casually. "Without telling me??" I scoffed. "Sorry. I don't know your number." "Well you should've asked for it! Now you've embarrassed me in front of my brother!"

"What's so bad about that?" The Glaceon looked at me with a stern look. "He thinks we're dating, Aries! He won't leave me alone about it!" I looked at her, dumbfounded. Of course. "If you really don't want me here, I'm going home." I say. She stops me. "Wait - you can't leave!" She said as I stopped in my tracks, halfway through the front yard. "Why not?" I say, tilting my head and narrowing my eyes at the Ice-Type.