Underestimate

I sat in the plane, looking out the window. The friend that had took me to the Bahamas, a Shiny Vaporeon named Ellie, was sleeping beside me. Her long mermaid-like tail was draped over my legs as I sat in the seat. Then, I got a call. I looked at my phone, it was from Autumn. I answered.

"Hey!" She said through the phone excitedly. "Hello," I said. "How you doin'?" Autumn asked. "Just fine. I'm on the airplane. You?" I said. "Good, I'm just hanging out in my room. I'm sad we have school Monday. It's only Saturday!" I laugh. "Me too, mate." I remark. "So, how was your trip to the Bahamas?" "Soo good!" I say. "Really? She asks.

"I wish I was still there. It was so fun!" I said. "Maybe you'll get to come again with me during the summer," Autumn said through the phone. I mod eagerly although she couldn't be there to see. "Yeah, maybe. Even so, that would be epic." I say. "Oh, how are things going with Aries?" She asked. "What do you mean?" I ask, horror-stricken. "Rumor is yall are dating." I hung up immediately.

I was mad. First of all, Aries and his crew were spreading rumors about me and him. How do I know? Instinct. Second of all, I was on this plane while he was letting this happen. Third of all... I was completely helpless.

I whine and rest my head against the seat. I curl up into a ball, trying not to awaken Ellie, whose tail was now acting as my blanket. Every once in a while, I need a blanket, though I like it below freezing, y'know? And just like that, I fell asleep.

When I woke up, we were already home. Apparently, Ellie had to carry me in. She was fairly strong, so I didn't ponder upon how she managed to do so. Instead I wondered about how I passed out for so long. I was asleep for about, what? Four, five hours? And that was only the drive home. I knocked out again as soon as I stepped into bed. I rested for the rest of the night and woke up energetic.

Sundays were my favorite days because our family has this trend where on ever other Sunday we get to eat our favorite foods for the day. We called this Sunday "treat day", and today was just that. I got up, and my mom and Riptide were already there. The reason I was so excited today is because I was stressed, and when I was stressed, I ate ice cream, specifically sundaes. I like to call it Sundae Sunday.

"Good morning, Snowfall," Mom said as I walked in. "Morning, Mama!" I said excitedly. (Do not make fun of me for saying mama, I like to actually embrace my childish side, and I can control it very well, actually.) "Hey Sundae." Riptide said as he walked in. Sundae was my pet name to him, but he only mentioned it on treat day.

"Hey Riptide!" I said as he walked in. He looked like he was still tired, so I lowered my amount of energy towards him. "Whatever yall want for breakfast, make it," Mama said.

"Are you sure you want Snowfall on another one of her sugar highs?" Riptide said jokingly, though it wasn't a joke. "Ah, it's fine. Though, please don't eat too much sugar." Said Mom. "Yes'm," Riptide said as Mama walked to her room.

I got put vanilla ice cream, hot fudge (which I ate frozen), sprinkles, and brownie mix. I put the brownies in the bowl along with some milk and two eggs.

I stirred the ingredients with whiskers. Now I had the batter. Don't tell anyone, but I ate some. Just as I poured the batter in the pan and set it in the oven to bake, I got a call from an unknown number. I ignored it, per usual. They called again, and then I got a text.

"Hey, it's me, Aries" the text read. I blocked that number so quick, but I had a feeling that Aries, well, if it was him anyway, had backup by his friends, so I ignored him anyway and turned my notifications off.

I baked the brownies, and I put the brownies in the Sundae and crushed it up. We all eat sundaes differently, okay? I walked outside on the back balcony, admiring the scenery in our backyard. I observed what all was there.