Chapter 7

Kaveh had wanted to say something, he peered over at Alhaitham and figured out he had fallen asleep. Alhaitham had fallen asleep so easily as if he had been awake for a decade, Kaveh was just amazed at how a man like Alhaitham fell asleep after only being awake for 20 minutes. Maybe he was still mentally exhausted, physically exhausted, or both either way Alhaitham was exhausted. While Alhaitham slept Kaveh didn't want to wake him up after all he had woken from a car accident and was given some disturbing information to figure out what happened two nights before so he was still quite in shock and exhausted. In Alhaitham's dream he was in a field of yellow flowers being dyed red, though the dye didn't smell like blood or had the consistency of it so Alhaitham didn't panic. It was more peaceful than the other he had before, much more peaceful so peaceful in fact he was questioning it. The dye was strawberry jam and the flowers smelt like the ones Kaveh gifted him, a light sweet smell that was a bit overwhelming for him. Alhaitham then decided he should walk around after all it seemed there were a coupe of buildings behind him all decorated nicely outside with matching colour palettes something Alhaitham could never recreate. The more he neared the buildings the more clearly he could see the interior through the  windows it seemed there was a bakery, house, and an unfamiliar building he couldn't associate with. Alhaitham decided to go into the bakery first it had a light atmosphere and a yellow and gray colour scheme. In the displays were only cakes and cookies with silly little valentines designs on them and even some birds. The aroma of the baked goods was pleasant, everything seemed fresh some were still even steaming. Alhaitham then took a cookie and "ate" it. The taste was awful, absolutely putrid it tasted way too salty and burnt, disgusting. He then spat the cookie out and left the building. Alhaitham thought he shouldn't act rashly anymore even if this was a dream he should be careful, he then opened the door for the house glass was all over the floor sitting there sparkling in the light like glitter. Alhaitham didn't dare to enter the house and prick his feet so he closed the door and moved onto the last unrecognizable building. Once opening the door the inside looked decent, the building was a... what seems to be a small dainty kimono shop, again there was nobody there. Alhaitham had entered this seemed to be a family owned kimono shop, looking around for something he didn't know what he was looking for but it was something. Even though he was alone in the small shop he felt as if something was watching over him yet nothing could hide in this shop it was too small for a person with eyes to go unnoticed. Though a door was at the inner wall of the shop with a small crack and an eye was carefully watching over him. As Alhaitham had went to the last rack of kimono's a figure's neck extended from a kimono in the rack and quickly looked at Alhaitham with it's large beady eyes. Alhaitham felt as if he was going to throw-up from such a horrific sight maybe even pass out too. The thing's teeth bloodied was baring at him too thinking of Alhaitham as a nice snack maybe granting it Alhaitham's handsome looks for itself. Once done having an eyeful of Alhaitham it quickly swallowed Alhaitham into it's stomach Alhaitham woke up from the dream he didn't know if it was pleasant or horrific it was mostly mixed feelings he felt, well usually he felt them most of the time as unsure what he should be feeling towards situations. Kaveh then noticed finally woke up. "It's been three hours were you really that tired?" Kaveh said, once Kaveh spoke Alhaitham had forgotten what had happened in that weird dream of his then replied back to Kaveh. "Yea, I was.. gosh these flower's scent is really strong." Alhaitham finally registered. "Really? I can barely smell them." Kaveh stated. "Oh well" Alhaitham brushed it off, even though it sounded as if he stated that he brushed  it off Alhaitham had still thought of it as strange. "Just saying...you were asleep for about three hours so we could go.. home together" Kaveh told Alhaitham. "I see, let's go home then." Alhaitham says. Alhaitham had noticed how Kaveh paused before saying the word "home" and probably debated whether to say home or house, Alhaitham was no idiot and caught onto small details fast. Kaveh nodded then started to pack the little gifts in the hospital into his bag, the bouquet however was resting in his arms soundly, its petals gleaming in the sunlight. This sight had reminded Alhaitham of the field he was in  in his dream except the flowers weren't getting dyed red with strawberry jam but stayed a golden hue. Alhaitham followed Kaveh and signed out from the hospital and went straight home. Home was dark without the lights on or without lights, home without the sunshine and warmth wasn't home but a house instead. Something ordinary and plain and couldn't be cherished without that warmth or light, that was what Alhaitham had felt when Kaveh went to Candace's, but now Kaveh was standing next to him in front of their home. "What a bitter-sweet thought" Alhaitham thought when reminiscing the house with and without Kaveh. Alhaitham then unlocked the front door with Kaveh's keys decorated with that stupid looking lion keychain, it really did fit Kaveh's personality. "Of course you took my keys again" Kaveh said while putting the flowers in a glass vase. "Of course I did" Alhaitham said as Kaveh filled the vase with water. "There , it wont die anytime soon now, Hopefully..." Kaveh exclaimed, "Wonderful" Alhaitham said. "Hey are you being sarcastic Alhaitham?" Kaveh questioned him. "Nope not at all" Alhaitham said still sounding dry, Suddenly Alhaitham's stomach rumbled. "... You're hungry, I'll cook you something." Kaveh offered. Alhaitham then sat on the couch awaiting his food that his room-mate will cook.

---------

sorry for late update >_<