seven

*Isabella's p.o.v*

I get back to the car and I go inside. Once I'm inside I hear commotion coming out of Angela or Jackson's radio. It was something about a 'shots fired' call. Angela and Jackson starts to listen in and Jackson starts to talk. 

Rios (on radio): Uh, gr-gray Maserati, no plates. Suspect vehicle is picking up speed. Uh, we are southbound on Normandie, 50 miles an hour. We got moderate traffic.

Jackson: Wait. That voice. That's Chris. Rios. We went to the Academy together. His dad worked Narcotics with my old man back in the day.

Angela: Well, at least Hollywood's getting a little action today.

Rios (on the radio): O-O-O-Okay, wait. I'm -- J-Just stand by. Okay, he's left on Wilshire. E-Eastbound on Wilshire. Speed is 70. (Car horn blaring) This is heavy traffic. He's -- He's blowing lights. Sidewalk! He's on the sidewalk!

Dispatch: Copy, eastbound Wilshire, speed 70, blowing lights call. 6-Mary-100, copy?

6-MARY-100: Copy. Advise Mid-Wilshire. Want is 245 with a handgun.

I keep listening in until I hear a familiar voice come on. 

Nyla: Control, 7-Adam-15, attach us to the pursuit. Event 8-0-5 and switching to channel 4.

It was Nyla.

Rios: 6-Adam-41, just T.C.'d, Wilshire at Virgil. We are lead car. I-I'm gonna need backup, guys. I need -- I-I need help!

Dispatch: Copy, 6-Mary-47 help call. Hollywood and Mid-Wilshire units responding. 6-Mary-47 eastbound on Wilshire, approaching MacArthur Park.

Angela: That's right around the corner.

Jackson: Control, 7-Adam-07, we're two blocks from there.

Rios: Suspect vehicle has crashed!

Angela starts to drive to the scene and I try not to ask questions. Jackson looks scared, I guess it's someone he knows.

*At the scene*

We arrived at the scene and someone's shooting outside. I saw a cop fall on the ground blood starting to come out of him. He just got shot. After I witnessed what happened Jackson gets out of the car. 

Jackson: No! No! No! Chris!

Angela: Isabella stay in the car ok

Me: *nods*

*Angela's p.o.v*

I start to catch up to Jackson and the cop that just got shot. I start talking into my radio.

Me: 7-Adam-07, shots fired. Officer down. Repeat, officer down. Requesting R.A. for a 25-year-old male, gunshot wound to the chest.

I look at Jackson and the officer's T.O. They both hover over him until his T.O starts to do CPR.

Jackson: Come on, come on, come on!

Angela: Conscious and breathing. Park View at 7th.

Dispatch: All units, be advised, 7-Adam-15 in pursuit of gray Maserati heading south on Alvarado.

It took EMT's a couple minutes to get to the scene. They start to load Rios up into the ambulance on a gurney. 

Martinez: Just keep breathing, buddy, all right?

Tim: Martinez.

Martinez: All right. Huh?

Tim: Sarge is gonna want to talk to you. You're a witness.