~Chapter 1: A boring class and a call from Blue~

The sound of a gong resonated through the mountain, and students spilled out of the caves, filling the halls, all headed to either their caves or the prey center. One particular class was late getting out though: Sundews class.

A few minutes after the original gong sound, the students in Goldstone Winglet and Azurite Winglet burst out of the weapons and fighting cave, chattering nonstop.

"How do you think-"

"I wonder when-"

"Did you see-"

Last to emerge though, was a group of three dragonets from Goldstone Winglet.

"Bro, Sundews class was so boring!" Moaned a green and brown LeafWing. "I want actual fighting!"

"You think that's bad Croc?" Responded a magenta and yellow SilkWing. "She yelled at me for 'smiling too much in a relaxed stance'."

The purple RainWing laughed. "I thought it was interesting!" She said. "Although I do agree, I want to actually fight."

"Well... I think we have history next," said Croc.

"Oooh, isn't that with Cricket?" The SilkWing asked.

"Yeah Goldie, I think we do," the RainWing replied.

"Hey Wild, don't we have a field trip next week?" Croc asked.

"If we do, I haven't heard anything about it," Willow replied.

"I haven't either," Marigold piped up. "Where are we gonna go?"

"I think we're going to see the bridge at the beginning of the route from Phyrria to Pantala," Croc responded. "I heard Tsunami talking to Blue about it last time they were here."

Just then, they arrived at the history classroom, only to find it empty.

"No ones here," Remarked Marigold. "I wonder why?"

"Huh?" Croc says. "Oops! I forgot that it was the end of the day!"

"It's ok," says Willow. "But let's head back to our cave for now. We have history tomorrow though."

The trio walked back to the cave, turning in for the night.

"G'night!" Croc called.

"Night!" Said Willow and Marigold simultaneously.

They both burst into laughter, eventually settling down enough to sleep.

•••

The next morning, Croc woke up first.

"Wake up guys, we have to go to history!" He said, shaking Willow.

"Alright, coming, I'm coming," muttered Willow, half asleep.

Willow stood up, yawning.

"C'mon Goldie," Willow said.

"Ughhhh," moaned Marigold. "Whassa matter?"

Croc went outside to get the other dragons in their winglet, but almost immediately came running back in.

"Schools cancelled!" He said excitedly. "Yesss!!"

"I wonder why?" Marigold mused.

"I don't care why. I'm going back to sleep," Muttered Willow.

Just then, Croc updated them on why.

"The bridge is in pieces, the field trip is cancelled!" He announces. "And it said that Middle Town was burned! There's, like, only a few huts left!"

"What?" Said Marigold, taken aback. "That's really bad!"