~Chapter 10: The fighting begins at 7 am~

Croc is the first to wake up, as usual.

"Good morning," he yawns.

Kimber wakes up and stares at Croc as if surprised he didn't die during the night.

Croc looks around for his next victim to bring into the waking world, settling on Marigold. He leans forward and slaps her across her upturned belly.

"Stooooooop," Marigold moans, rolling over.

Croc tries Wild, meeting a slightly more violent reaction.

"Give me five more minutes or else I'll hit you with my frying pan," Wild growls.

Croc slaps Wild again regardless.

"Get up now or else we might die!" He says. "Because we might. Someone has already kidnapped us you know!"

Wild cracks open one eye.

Marigold, having resolved her sleepiness and not reading the room, checks the map for the day and reports back.

"We'll have to get going soon," she says, pointing at some islands on the map. "The next island is further away than this one was."

"We'll be fine," mutters Willow, sitting up but gazing off into the distance, eyes unfocused.

"Why are you being so difficult?" Croc asks, slapping Wild once more.

"Ok, ok," says Wild, coming to her senses. "I'm getting up."

"Guys, it is literally 7 am," Marigold sighs. "No fighting!"

•••

About 15 minutes later, they were assembled and easy to go, except for one thing.

"When was the last time we ate?" Asked Croc.

"Probably yesterday," replies Marigold distractedly.

"Are we close to Phyrria?" Reef asks.

"I think so," says Marigold, pulling out the map to consult it. "If the maps are right, it should only be a day or two."

"Hopefully they are," says Wild.

"I think they are," says Marigold. "We arrived at Middle Town at about the time we should've according to the maps, so unless these islands are wildly mismapped, we should be fine."

"If you say so..." says Croc skeptically.

Marigold rolls her eyes.

"Island. There. Let's stop and talk in the morning, before any of us say or do something we'll regret." She says.