~Chapter 14: A long wait for apples~

Croc wakes up the next day shortly before dawn.

Croc yawns.

"How long was I out?" He asks Wild, who was standing watch again.

"Most of the night. It's shortly before dawn," She replies.

"Ugh my bones feel saggy," Croc says.

"I bet! Do you wanna go fly around a bit to wake up?" Wild asks with a laugh.

"No, I'm good," he says with a glance at the sky, "I have to fly back to Middle Town to get some mangos in a bit."

"Mangos?" Wild asks, confused. "They don't have any, remember? That's why I had you grow some."

"Oh right!" Croc says with a laugh. "I meant apples."

"Ok," Wild giggles.

"Bye!" Croc says, spreading his wings and taking off in the direction that they had come from.

Honey wanders out shortly after.

"I'm gonna fish," she says. "Reef, wanna help?"

"Sure!" Reef says, following.

"So, have you ever eaten fish before?" He asks as they walk towards the beach."or do you HiveWings eat other things?"

"A few times at school," Honey says. "But we mostly eat savanna animals."

"Cool!" Says Reef.

Honey dives into the ocean and resurfaces after a few heartbeats with a wriggling fish in her claws.

"Nice catch Honey!" Reef says.

She grins.

•••

*mEaNwHiLe At MiDdLe ToWn*

This takes place hours/days in the future btw.

Croc lands at Middle Town and immediately notices how many dragons are there.

"There's so many dragons here. I wonder if they're having a sale?" He muses to himself.

A SkyWing mother who was rushing path responded.

"Yeah! After the fire, they've been putting things out for less!" She told him as she dragged her two stubborn dragonets along.

"Ok, then do you know where the apples are?" He asks.

"They're over there kid," says an old SandWing, who pointed over to the right.

"Thanks!" Croc called back as he rushed over and found a huge line.

He looks at the chalkboard in the front that was being updated as he joined the queue.

"264th! Dang." He says when he sees the number of people in the line. "This might take a while."

"Yeah, everyone wants to restock in food," says a green SeaWing who was dragging a kicking dragonet behind him. "Lots of us have been here since early morning."

"Oh my gosh! When does store open, 12 am!?" Croc grumbles to himself. "The ONE DAY I don't get up early."

The SeaWing shrugs.

"It's usually open 24/7, but there's usually it so many people," he replies, before turning to his child and dragging them towards the bread.

•••

Several hours later, Croc makes it to the front of the line, only to find that...

"Sorry kid, we're out of apples right now," says the merchant. "You're gonna have to wait a bit for the restock, or you can try some other vendors. But I'm usually the only one who sells apples."

"Can I stay in the front of the line until the restock?" Croc asks hopefully.

"Of course!" The merchant replies.

Croc sits down and makes himself comfortable.

"I wonder what everyone's doing?" He muses. "I hope I don't miss Goldie's new wings."