31-35

Chapter 31 I was followed.

The person who came was none other than Duoduo's mother. She didn't expect Chu Yinyin to still remember her. She immediately smiled and said: "Comrade Chu, you have a really good memory. My surname is Zhao. I wanted to thank you very much this afternoon. But Duoduo was almost snatched away. I was so scared at the time that I forgot to thank you for a moment." "

It's okay. The most important thing is to make sure the child is okay." Chu Yinyin quickly asked her to go inside and sit down, and then Handed her a glass of hot water.

"Sister Zhao, drink tea."

Sister Zhao was still holding Duoduo in her arms. At this moment, he had been comforted. He was wearing a thick cotton jacket and looking around curiously with his big eyes. Sister Zhao picked him up. , asked him to look at Chu Yinyin: "Duoduo, this is aunt."

Duoduo should be more than a year old and can speak simple words, and shouted to Chu Yinyin: "Eh-"

Chu Yinyin He immediately greeted him with a smile.

Sister Zhao was probably still anxious to go back. After saying a few words to Chu Yinyin and thanking her a lot, she stood up and patted the child's arm: "Come on, Nie Duoduo, tell Auntie. Goodbye."

Duoduo immediately raised his hand and waved. Chu Yinyin was shocked, but she didn't show it on her face. She also said goodbye to mother and son, asking them to walk slowly and be careful.

When Sister Zhao left, Chu Yinyin looked at Jiang Hui: "Did I hear correctly? What Sister Zhao just said was Nie?"

Jiang Hui also heard it, and he suddenly remembered what Deputy Director Su told him this afternoon: "Do you know who Duoduo's mother is?" Jiang Hui thought this sentence was quite strange at the time, but he didn't expect that Deputy Director Su refused to say it, but now he reacted when he heard Duoduo's surname. .

"So this is the factory director's wife and child?" Chu Yinyin was a little surprised.

The current director of the steel plant has only been here for about a year, so except for the upper management, everyone is not very familiar with him. They only know that his surname is Nie. His wife has been in poor health for a long time, and it took a long time for her to have a child. She is considered to be in old age. Son.

The surname "Nie" is not common. Deputy Factory Director Su said that again. Jiang Hui nodded, thinking that was basically the case.

Jiang Yu ran out: "Mom, there are things behind the cabinet."

Chu Yinyin hurriedly walked over to take a look, and saw a lot of things placed between the cabinet and the space where Sister Zhao was sitting just now. When I took it out, I found dried fish, two dried rabbits, a large piece of beef leg, a Chinese cigarette and a bottle of milk powder.

Chu Yinyin smacked her tongue: "This, this is too expensive."

It was probably that Sister Zhao just took advantage of her to get the water and stuffed it in with real good things. This also made them more convinced. After all, besides the factory director's wife, who else could give such a big gift.

Chu Yinyin definitely couldn't accept it, so she quickly took out the things and organized them, "Jiang Hui, you go to the factory director tomorrow and return all the things to them, right?" "

I don't think the factory director will want it." Jiang Huique road.

Everyone is serious now. The last time Chu Yinyin helped Song Shiya, Director Ren brought so many things, not to mention that this time she saved the child that the factory director finally had, and the other party secretly stuffed it in. Naturally, Don't want them to give it back.

Jiang Hui took out the cigarettes, beef shank and milk powder: "Let's return these and keep the others. This will make it easier for the factory director to accept it."

Chu Yinyin said, "Okay, that's fine too."

Today's weather It was cold. Everyone in Tongzilou didn't like the cold wind blowing outside. As soon as they finished eating and washing the dishes, they went back to sleep. There was no one in the corridor, so no one saw Sister Zhao going to Chu Yinyin's house, except Except Jiang Hua.

Jiang Hua was too bored at home and didn't want to see Wen Xinjie, so he ran out to enjoy the cold wind. As a result, he looked up and saw Sister Zhao.

Because he often went out to drink and play cards, he often came home in the middle of the night. That day he happened to encounter someone entering the factory director's house. At that time, he took a special look and found that it was Sister Zhao.

At this moment, Sister Zhao came out of Jiang Hui's house again...

Although Jiang Hua didn't know what she was doing, she was very angry when she thought that Jiang Hui actually met the factory director's wife.

Jiang Hui had always been superior to him, but if he got more important because he met the factory director's wife, wouldn't he never be able to catch up again? !

It's all Wen Xinjie's fault. If she had been useful at all, she wouldn't be inferior to Jiang Hui!

At this time, Wen Xinjie didn't know that Jiang Hua blamed herself. At this moment, she looked at the pile of things in front of her and couldn't believe her eyes: "Is this all for me?"

Suddenly someone knocked on the door just now. When I opened it, I found that it was a familiar lesbian. After chatting with Wen Xinjie, the other party got into the topic and said that she really wanted to attend the party in the factory, but she didn't have the talent yet, but As long as Wen Xinjie can be selected, she will definitely work hard to learn and not hold anyone back.

As he said that, he also brought over a bunch of gifts. The items were not particularly expensive, but there were five kilograms of meat, plus a big carp, and a bag of candies and peach cakes. Wen Xinjie was in a tight situation now, so she She has been hungry for meat for a long time, but now that she can have such a good thing for herself, and others beg her to do things, her face suddenly lights up with a smile.

"Don't worry, Comrade Wen, as long as you give me a chance, I will definitely not disappoint you."

Wen Xinjie gritted her teeth: "Sure, who made us two so hit-on, but now the selection meeting can't be held anymore. You go back and wait for my news. I'll come back to you in two days."

The man left with satisfaction. Wen Xinjie was also very satisfied. She also took the meat and waved it in front of the three brothers and sisters Jiang Long: "Children, mom will make it tomorrow. Can I give you some meat?"

Jiang Long and Jiang Hu hadn't eaten meat for a long time. When they saw such a big piece of meat, they were so happy that they gave Wen Xinjie a rare smile. Even Jiang Baoxia They were all very happy and came over to give Wen Xinjie a kiss.

Wen Xinjie was so flattered that she even threw the meat on the table and hugged Jiang Baoxia: "You are such a good daughter of mother, mother likes you the most."

Jiang Baoxia smiled innocently in Wen Xinjie's arms.

——It

has been raining for several days, and finally there are snowflakes in the sky. They are not snow particles like before, but clusters of snow velvet. When I wake up one night, the whole world is covered in silver. .

"Mom, it's snowing, it's snowing! It's finally snowing!" Jiang Zhang was as happy as a monkey.

Chu Yinyin was woken up by him and couldn't sleep anymore: "Wear your gloves today. If I find you took off your gloves midway, did you see that the test papers on the table are still waiting for you?

" I definitely have to go have a snowball fight. If I don't wear gloves, it won't take more than a day for the chilblains to grow back. Chu Yinyin managed to keep it from recurring this year, but it can't be ruined.

Jiang Zhang stuck out his tongue: "I know."

Chu Yinyin shivered as soon as she came out of the quilt, quickly put on her clothes, walked into the main room, tore off yesterday's calendar, and took a look at it before she realized: "No wonder it's so cold. It turns out today is the winter solstice."

"Mom, what is the winter solstice?" Jiang Yu asked her.

"Winter Solstice is the day to eat dumplings."

"Dumplings! Can you eat dumplings today, Mom? Did I hear you right?" Jiang Zhang, who had already gone out to play in the snow, ran back immediately when he heard that dumplings could be eaten.

Chu Yinyin was really impressed by her foodie son. She smiled and rubbed his little head: "You can eat it. Let's eat it together when dad comes back tonight. Let's have a good time!"

"Okay!" Jiang Zhang was very happy. .

It is traditional to eat dumplings during the Winter Solstice Festival. Jiang Zhang went out to play in the snow and wanted to show off to his friends that he was eating dumplings today. Only then did he realize that everyone would eat dumplings today, but the fillings inside were different.

Some families with better conditions make the dumplings filled with pork, while others with more difficult conditions fill the dumplings with vermicelli or eggs.

Someone asked Jiang Zhang what kind of dumplings his family was eating today. Jiang Zhang squeezed a snowball and said, "I don't know, but the dumplings my mother makes must be the most delicious!"

Chu Yinyin actually also said She hadn't thought about what kind of stuffing to make in the dumplings, but just after breakfast, Sister-in-law Guan came to her to pick wild mustard greens.

They are called mustard greens, but they actually look similar to each other. Wild mustard greens grow in winter, and a lot of them appear on the mountains before and after it snows. They are wild vegetables, but they taste good, a little bitter and sweet. It's just right to make dumplings.

Chu Yinyin took the basket and followed Sister-in-law Guan over. The fresh wild mustard greens were buried in the snow. When you peeled the snow away with your hands, you could see the green seedlings inside.

"The snow is really heavy this year. The auspicious snow heralds a good harvest. Next year will definitely be a good harvest!" Sister-in-law Guan said happily.

Chu Yinyin took a small shovel, dug out a wild mustard plant, and placed it flatly in the basket. Song Shiya had to go to class today and didn't have time to come over, but she definitely wanted to eat dumplings. Chu Yinyin was going to give her some too. Take some back with you.

While digging, Sister-in-law Guan suddenly said: "Xiao Chu, look, those people are looking for firewood."

Chu Yinyin looked up and saw that several people were walking up the mountain road, picking up branches on the roadside as they walked. Look, it's been raining continuously these days, and there was a heavy snowfall last night. It's strange that these branches can burn, so after walking all the way, those people didn't pick up much that could be used.

Not everyone is as prepared as Chu Yinyin and others, and has prepared charcoal and coal early. Many people don't care about the weather, and even if some do care, they don't take it to heart and are ready to buy it directly when the time comes. Coal is enough. Now these people are starting to pick up wood. It is very likely that the coal station has no coal to sell.

After cutting the wild mustard greens, she went to the supply and marketing cooperative to buy fresh meat. Chu Yinyin found that there were a lot of people there today, but that shouldn't be the case. It was obviously past the time to buy meat in large quantities for drying and curing.

Sister-in-law Guan felt something was not good, so she asked Chu Yinyin to line up first and go to the coal station to take a look. She came back soon, with a not so good expression on her face, and said in a low voice: "It's so fast to grab coal at the coal station. The rush is going crazy, there is a long queue outside."

"It has just snowed, why are these people starting to grab?"

Sister-in-law Guan waved her hand: "I heard them say, it's our snow. It's not that big, but it's more serious in other places. There were strong winds and heavy rains, and the road to transport coal was blocked by flash floods."

Chu Yinyin understood. It should be that the road to transport coal was blocked. Not only did everyone go They were scrambling for coal, but they were also afraid of meat. These things were gone, so they all came to line up, planning to buy more things to go back and save first.

Chu Yinyin remembered: "Sister-in-law, we haven't bought our fish yet!"

I have been so busy these two days. The fish started drying at the reservoir yesterday. Normally, it will take at least four or five days. Today is the second day, so don't worry, but if this trend continues, won't all the fish be robbed?

The masses are herd-like and are easily influenced. Many people didn't originally intend to grab it, but after seeing everyone seizing the opportunity to grab supplies, weren't they forced to start buying? And this was about to happen. The New Year is coming soon, and I have accumulated a lot of stuff. No matter what it is, it will probably be snatched up as soon as it is released.

The same was true for Chu Yinyin. She didn't want to rob him, but she couldn't do it now.

She made a quick decision and said, "Sister-in-law, you buy meat here, and I'll go to the reservoir and buy the fish."

"Sure, just watch and buy. I'll buy the same thing as you, and then we'll split it."

Chu Yinyin nodded and walked quickly towards the reservoir.

Sure enough, as she thought, there were more people in the reservoir than in the supply and marketing cooperative, and there was no ticket to buy fish, unlike meat, which had restrictions, so many people were happy to buy it.

Fortunately, the fish had just been dried and the quantity was sufficient. Otherwise, when it was Chu Yinyin's turn, they would have all been robbed.

Chu Yinyin didn't have to choose. After all, they were all freshly caught from the reservoir and jumping around. She took a look and said: "I want four grass carp, two carp, six Wuchang fish, and eight yellow bone fish." "

Other fish are big, but they can all be used to make cured fish. Yellow-bone fish cannot be used, but they are small. You can cook them all if you eat dumplings and make yellow-bone fish soup today.

Nowadays, after the fish is bought, it is simply hung with a straw rope. The fish is already alive. Chu Yinyin is afraid that it will run away when put in the basket, so she can only carry the straw rope by herself. These fish jump all the way, and she can lift them. My hands are sore.

Chu Yinyin was afraid that the fish would be stale if it died, so she didn't go to the supply and marketing cooperative. She went directly home and raised it in a wooden basin. When Sister-in-law Guan came back, the two of them would have half of it.

"There's not much meat left. I only bought two kilograms. When I saw there were pig's trotters, I took them all back. Xiao Chu, do you want it?" "Yes

."

Of course, pig's trotters are also a good meal. .

Sister-in-law Guan gave her a pound of meat and two pig's trotters, and then went back to handle the fish. Chu Yinyin loved fish, but she didn't dare to handle it, and planned to wait for Jiang Hui to come back.

She called Jiang Zhang and Jiang Yu back and asked them to look at the fish in the basin while she wanted to go out.

"Mom, are you going to the reservoir?" Jiang Zhang asked doubtfully. Didn't we agree that they should go together?

Chu Yinyin touched his little head: "It was too late this time, so my mother went by herself first. It's her fault. When the weather gets better in a few days, can I take you and your brother to the reservoir to play?" "

Jiang Zhang just wanted to go to the reservoir to play. He could go anytime. Hearing this, he nodded immediately.

Chu Yinyin put on her coat, told the two little guys not to run around, and then went out with pen and paper.

Although today is the Winter Solstice, she still has to work, so Chu Yinyin planned to do the interviews she had agreed to do before, so that she could write the story to be acted out as early as possible.

Chu Yinyin was going to start interviewing the individuals who had been commended. These were relatively representative situations that she had seen from the union's commendation materials.

She visited three families in a row. When these people heard that Chu Yinyin was going to show their struggles at the party, they immediately became excited and excited. They asked again and again: "Comrade Chu, are you serious? We all Can human stories be acted out?"

"Of course, we can. We are all people who have made great contributions to the factory and are heroes. Why can't they be acted out?"

As soon as these words came out, everyone felt as if there was heat flowing through their hearts. I am even happier than the day I received the commendation. Not only was she very cooperative in telling her everything she could think of, but she even insisted on stuffing dumplings into Chu Yinyin's hand when she left.

"Today is the winter solstice, Comrade Chu will eat some dumplings. This is a custom and cannot be refused!" After saying this, Chu Yinyin had to swallow the polite refusal that was on his lips.

Everyone knew that Chu Yinyin was definitely not willing to accept the gift, and she didn't give much, just a small bowl of about ten pieces. In this way, Chu Yinyin really had no choice but to accept it.

After returning home, Jiang Yu looked at the dumplings in her mother's arms and was extremely puzzled: "Mom, did you go out to make dumplings?" "

No, this is given by everyone." Chu Yinyin didn't know whether to laugh or cry, maybe because of the winter solstice, Every household was making dumplings. She visited three families, and each family gave them dumplings. There were more than thirty dumplings, and they were all in a big basket.

Chu Yinyin put away the materials she had written and took out her apron: "Okay, let's start making dumplings at home."

I picked wild mustard greens and bought pork. The dumplings stuffed with mustard greens and pork must be indispensable, but the meat is only one kilogram, and it may not be enough to wrap it up. Chu Yinyin thought for a while, and took out the rabbit meat that Sister Zhao brought that day. .

After that day, Jiang Hui was asked to return some of the things to the factory director, but the factory director was only willing to take back the cigarettes no matter what, and Jiang Hui had to take back the meat.

He also said: "Xiao Jiang, I took this back because you said you don't smoke. Don't you eat meat anymore? And the milk powder is for your children, so you should take it back quickly."

Factory Manager Nie originally Because of his identity, it was inconvenient to come and thank Chu Yinyin in person, but he felt no less grateful than Sister Zhao, so he had to take it back to Jiang Hui no matter what.

Chu Yinyin had seen the two rabbit meats. They were dried in the sun. They might be a bit too dry for dumpling fillings, so they were soaked for a long time and then boiled in water. When the moisture was a little more, they were cut. It became diced rabbit meat.

Chu Yinyin planned to make it with vermicelli and rabbit meat, and add more chili sauce, so that it would not only taste dry but also be very fragrant.

Watching her making dumplings, two little guys also ran over: "Mom, I washed my hands, can I help you?" "

Yes, but you can only make mustard ones." There was a little too much chili oil in the rabbit vermicelli. Chu Yinyin was afraid that they would get involved.

Jiang Yu really wanted to help, and carefully watched Chu Yinyin's techniques to learn how to make bags. However, Jiang Zhang was obviously playing, kneading a piece of dough and patting it around. The old mother's patience was running out quickly. Chu Yin Yin snatched the dough back directly: "Xiao Zhang, go to mom's bedside and get a coin."

Jiang Zhang was immediately diverted: "Why do you want a coin?"

"Wrap the coin in the dumpling, that's it. They are called lucky dumplings. If anyone is lucky enough to eat them, he will be very lucky in the next year."

"Wow! Can we make a few more? Mom, dad, brother and I will be lucky one by one!" Jiang Zhang said, raising his little head. .

"Okay, but I still have Uncle Huang Hao. Bring five of them." Chu Yinyin said, Huang Hao would definitely not be able to make dumplings for eating dumplings today, and they happened to be together.

Just as he was talking, Jiang Hui came back from work. He was just about to wash his hands and help knead the dough when he was pulled by Chu Yinyin: "Go and call Huang Hao over first. Let's eat dumplings together today."

Jiang Hui nodded. : "Okay."

Chu Yinyin was afraid that Huang Hao would be embarrassed to come over, and thought that Jiang Hui would have to go there for a long time, so he didn't cook it immediately after wrapping it, but waited for them to come before cooking, otherwise it would taste bad after soaking for a long time. .

But unexpectedly, Huang Hao came very quickly, but his expression was not good. As soon as he approached, he lowered his voice and said: "Sister-in-law, I suspect that I am being followed,"

Chu Yinyin's expression became condensed.

"When selling pine nuts today."