56-60

Chapter 56: Pregnant

When Wen Xinjie walked back to the house, Deng Feng and Jiang Ling were packing their things happily. While packing, they looked at the house, curled their lips and said, "This house is still a little bad. It's not big enough, it would be nice if it could be a little bigger."

Wen Xinjie snorted in her heart, thinking to herself, you really know how to think about it. You didn't even have such a good house to live in in your hometown before, but now you are picky about it in Beijing. Even if I get on, I don't even know what I am capable of, and I dare to ask for so many things.

But what made her even more angry was still behind. Jiang Ling nodded at the side: "That's right, especially in my house. The furniture in it is so old. Brother, do I want to get a new one?

" New furniture? !

Wen Xinjie's eyebrows twitched, "Of course not!" Now only Jiang Ling has said that she wants to change it. It is estimated that as long as she agrees, Deng Feng will also change it. And Jiang's father, won't all the furniture in the house have to be changed in the end? !

Wen Xinjie was about to speak, but the next second she heard Jiang Hua say: "Okay, let's change."

Jiang Ling smiled brightly, and Deng Feng also smiled and said: "Xiaohua, there's also mom..."

"Mom, please don't Worry, let's replace them all. These are all things that others have used, so they can still be used by us. We have replaced them all! Renovated them all inside and out!" Jiang Hua said very proudly.

"Brother, you are so good!"

Everyone was so happy, except Wen Xinjie who was almost angry to death.

She is not a stingy person. Now that she has money, she naturally does not want to use other people's leftover furniture. But those are all her money, why should they be used by Deng Feng's family?

In the evening, Wen Xinjie told Jiang Hua about this matter. In the past, Jiang Hua would definitely criticize her, but things are different now. Since Wen Xinjie helped her family make money, the two of them Her feelings became gluey, and Jiang Hua quickly hugged her and coaxed:

"I know that my wife is the most virtuous. My parents and sister have not lived a good life, so I will let them enjoy the happiness when I come here. Today, my mother is still with me. I praise you, saying that you are really the best daughter-in-law, many times better than some people."

Everyone knows who these people are talking about.

Wen Xinjie immediately said happily: "Really?"

"Of course it's true. If this thing gets out, who wouldn't praise you? You are as sharp and mean as Chu Yinyin, but you will be stabbed in the back." , how could you be so sensible and generous?"

After hearing this, Wen Xinjie was extremely happy. Wasn't the reason why she had gone to great lengths to move here just to compare with Chu Yinyin?

Although she had failed so many times before to gain points, Wen Xinjie worked hard this time to win over Chu Yinyin, but now Chu Yinyin neither works in the factory nor goes there. Come on, how can this compare? That's why she decided to move next door to Chu Yinyin instead.

The purpose of taking Deng Feng and others over was also to make others think that she was filial than Chu Yinyin. If they were willing to praise herself, that would of course be the best.

The more Wen Xinjie thought about it, the happier she became, but she still didn't forget to say: "But you can't keep spending money lavishly. We still have three children."

No matter how good you are to Deng Feng and others, you can only end up with this. She has a filial name, but the three children in the family are different. If she is good to them, she will be able to enjoy the blessings in the future. Wen Xinjie clearly distinguishes the priority.

Jiang Hua didn't know Xiao Jiujiu in her heart, and thought she simply liked her three children, so she felt even happier, thinking that her daughter-in-law would be of some use after she got her back. After thinking for a while, she said, "By the way, I went to pay New Year's greetings today and heard that several of my co-workers' homes had received acceptance letters. Why haven't yours come yet?" As

soon as these words came out, the smile on Wen Xinjie's face immediately solidified. He said: "It's not like all the admission notices can come out in one day. There are so many people across the country. And I heard that the better your grades, the later the admission notice will come out. I'm not worried at all."

He said this, But Wen Xinjie was still a little nervous. She couldn't help but tighten her hands and thought that she would go to the post office tomorrow to ask if something went wrong.

Little did he know that a figure passed by outside the door.

Jiang Ling quickly ran to Deng Feng's room. The latter saw her and immediately asked: "How is it? Did she really say bad things about us?"

Or today when Jiang Hua promised to change the furniture at home, Jiang Ling noticed Wen Xinjie Their faces were particularly ugly. When night fell, they secretly ran over to see if Wen Xinjie was speaking ill of them. Unexpectedly, it was true!

"Yes! She is blaming Big Brother for not spending money on us!" Jiang Ling complained.

Deng Feng snorted coldly: "I knew she was harboring bad intentions. She used to be very attentive when she had no money. Now that she has money, she has to show off even if she wants to change furniture. What kind of daughter-in-law is she?" "

That's right!" , She is really embarrassed. I don't want to ask her to marry my brother. Can she live a good life?" After her voice fell, Jiang Ling suddenly rolled her eyes and said curiously: "Mom, my brother and the others are now What are you doing? Tell me, let me try too. Wen Xinjie can make money, why can't I?"

Deng Feng waved her hands: "I don't know, your brother really didn't follow this matter. I said it."

Before, she felt that there was no need to know, as long as she had money to spend, but now she felt that it made sense when she heard Jiang Ling's words. No matter how much money it was, it was only safe to keep it in her own hands, Wen Xinjie With so much money, what if she ran away? She still had to find a chance to ask Jiang Hua if she could replace Jiang Ling.

——On

the other side of the hospital, Chu Yinyin was also discussing this matter with Jiang Hui: "I always feel that something is not right."

She saw Wen Xinjie sitting in a car outside the examination room before, and she I thought I was just hooking up with a rich man, but now that I saw that Wen Xinjie had bought the house next door, Chu Yinyin felt that something was wrong more and more.

When she was chatting with her neighbor next door, she said that their house was not for sale easily, but now it is sold, it must be because Wen Xinjie's bid was high enough, but what about the so much money she brought?

Jiang Hui was making milk. In the past, only two children at home drank milk. Later, when the college entrance examination was approaching, Chu Yinyin often couldn't sleep. Jiang Hui asked his colleagues and learned that milk can help her sleep, so he made it for her every night. Even though the college entrance examination is over, this habit still remains.

Hearing this, Jiang Hui said: "Are you afraid of any problems?"

Chu Yinyin nodded. It was none of her business no matter how rich those people were. She didn't envy them and couldn't care about them, but she was just afraid that the money came from something strange. What if there is a problem and it affects them?

Jiang Hui handed her the milk and said with a smile, "It's okay. We are no longer a family. Even if something happens, it has nothing to do with us."

Chu Yinyin nodded.

Jiang Hui covered her with the quilt: "Go to sleep quickly. Now that the notice has come, I can finally have a good sleep with peace of mind."

Chu Yinyin looked at him with a smile: "I think the person who can finally sleep well is You see, I'm not nervous at all."

"It was my fault. I shouldn't have been so unsure of Comrade Chu Yinyin."

Chu Yinyin held his hand and muttered, "It's good to know."

Having said that, , she was also relieved in her heart. In addition, she was really tired after being busy with New Year greetings and leaving other people's homes during this period. She slept particularly deeply that night. When she woke up the next day, the quilt around her was cold. Come down.

After getting dressed and walking out, Jiang Hui was helping Ye Yufang. Seeing her waking up, Ye Yufang smiled and said, "Yinyin, go and wash up quickly. Let's eat pancakes this morning."

Ye Yufang is very good at making pancakes, but she is too old and cannot use her hands very well to knead the dough. After Jiang Hui heard about it in the morning, he immediately said: "Mom, let me help you." Ye

Yufang was quite incredulous: "You can still do it?" Kneading dough?"

After all, the grown man she had seen couldn't even lift a soy sauce bottle when it fell over at home, how could he still cook?

With suspicion, Ye Yufang handed over the flour, and saw that Jiang Hui was very skillful in adding water, kneading the dough, kneading it evenly, and even knowing how to make the dough after kneading it. Ye Yufang smiled in surprise: "It seems that the previous news "It's true that you can cook at home."

She is not the kind of unenlightened mother-in-law who thinks it is unmanly for her son to cook for his daughter-in-law. On the contrary, after experiencing various incidents in the past, Ye Yufang understands that family harmony is the most important thing. Yes, the fact that his son and Chu Yinyin can get together and have such a good relationship after being married for many years shows that they have their own way of getting along with each other. As a mother-in-law, she should not interfere too much.

And this is also a good thing for her. During the years that Ye Yufang was in the village, she learned a lot of pasta-making skills, but she still struggled with not having the energy to cook them. Now with Jiang Hui, she can cook anything delicious. .

Jiang Hui smiled and said, "Okay, Mom, if you want to eat from now on, just call me."

Chu Yinyin didn't know about this. When she heard Ye Yufang say this, she nodded and walked out with a towel and toothbrush. , found Jiang Yu and Jiang Zhang standing at the door of the yard, looking around.

"Xiaoyu, what are you doing?"

Jiang Yu quickly ran over with Jiang Zhang: "Mom, we are watching Jiang Long and Jiang Hu eating meat."

Chu Yinyin was even more surprised when he heard this: "Watch them eating. Meat? Why do you have to watch them eat meat? And why do you have to eat outside in this winter? Isn't it cold enough?"

Jiang Zhang pursed his lips and said, "They just want to show off! My brother and I were playing outside just now. Suddenly I heard someone calling us, and I thought it was them. When I looked over, I saw it was them."

At that time, there were three people, Jiang Long, Jiang Hu, and Jiang Baoxia, each carrying a bowl of meat, and they were eating deliciously.

Jiang Zhang walked over and said "Hey", "Why are you calling us?"

Although they are neighbors now, he doesn't like them and his face is very cold.

Jiang Long and the other three didn't need him to like him. Hearing this, they laughed and said, "How about letting you see us eat meat? Are you envious?"

"What's there to envy? We also have meat at home!" Jiang Zhang snorted. .

Jiang Long said: "If your family has meat, it must be dried and cured. You need to eat it for at least a month or two. It's good to have one meal a day. How can you eat meat in the morning like us?" "

And not just In the morning, noon and evening, our family has meat to eat every meal!" Jiang Hu said proudly.

Ever since their stepmother made money, their family's life has been very good. They no longer have to suffer from meat cravings like before, especially during the Chinese New Year these days, when they can eat meat for three meals a day. I saw this this morning After the stepmother cooked meat again, Jiang Long called Jiang Hu and Jiang Baoxia and took it out to eat, just to envy Jiang Zhang and Jiang Yu to death.

Jiang Zhang was speechless when he heard this. After all, they were right. His family really couldn't have meat for three meals a day, but who wants to eat so much meat a day? He's not a fool!

Jiang Zhang: "I don't envy you. My mother did it..."

"Xiao Zhang, we really have to envy them." Jiang Yu suddenly said.

Jiang Zhang's eyes widened, brother, you are actually on the same front as the enemy! Jiang Long and the other three were even more proud, and almost laughed out loud, but the next second they heard Jiang Yu say:

"Look at the meat in their bowls, it looks white. It seems to have been cooked directly in water, with a little salt added." , it doesn't taste good at all, it only has meat, not even rice or noodles, so it's so salty!

Our mother can only make braised pork, twice-cooked pork, and spicy pork slices, either pouring it on rice, or... It's not such an unusual way to eat it with noodles. Tell me, don't we envy you?" "

Yes, if you eat this kind of meat, you will probably lose two kilograms!" Jiang Zhang He grinned and said, "It tastes so bad that it makes me sick!"

In this era when there is no fat in the stomach, people who like to eat meat do not pursue how delicious it is. They just like the smell of meat and feel that as long as it is meat, no matter how it is cooked, it will be good. Eat, especially for children. It's too late to be happy when eating pork. Who cares about the taste?

But what Jiang Yu said was so delicious. The three Jiang Long brothers, who were very proud of themselves, looked at me and I looked at you. They stayed for a moment and then ran back quickly, shouting as they ran: "I don't want to eat this." Meat! I want to eat braised pork, twice-cooked pork and spicy pork slices!"

Jiang Zhang and Jiang Yu laughed happily: "What fools."

"They are so proud of themselves. I don't envy you at all. Mom, I think you do it. The vegetables are more delicious than the meat!" Jiang Zhang said immediately.

Chu Yinyin smiled and rubbed his little head, then touched Jiang Yu: "As expected of my son, he is smart!" "

Okay, I just have time today. After dinner, let's go to the reservoir to buy fish. "!"

"Eat fish? What kind of fish do you want to eat?" Jiang Zhang, a snack foodie, immediately became interested.

"Eat grilled fish, then call Dafu's family and Teacher Song, let's eat together!" Chu Yinyin has never been a stingy person, and she doesn't like to teach children to be jealous, but it also depends on who they are with, like Jiang Long. To treat unkind people is to make them understand who is envious of whom.

Everyone was very happy when they heard that Chu Yinyin wanted to treat them to dinner, especially Dafu's children. They immediately felt like their mouths were watering. There was nothing they could do. Ever since Chu Yinyin's family moved away, they had never eaten again. I've never had anything so delicious.

Before going out, Dafu also said: "Mom, please bring more rice. I'm going to eat it today!"

Sister-in-law Guan smiled and said: "Don't worry, can I miss out on your food?"

Going to other people's houses these days You have to bring something with you to eat. After all, everyone is in a difficult situation. If you go empty-handed, it would be a bit of an advantage. In fact, based on the friendship between Sister-in-law Guan and Chu Yinyin, she doesn't need to take them with her at all, but it's okay for her alone. Now that the whole family has something to eat, Sister-in-law Guan is afraid of bringing Chu Yinyin's family home. All the food was gone.

When Chu Yinyin saw that she had brought rice, she was not polite to her. She smiled and said, "Sister-in-law, help my mother cook the rice. Xiaoya and I will go buy fish and vegetables."

Sister-in-law Guan nodded: " Okay, you go."

The few kids couldn't wait any longer and wanted to go with them, and Chu Yinyin also took them with him.

Fish would be dried in the reservoir years ago, but now there are only some grass carp and carp left in the pond. This is what Chu Yinyin wants. There are many people in the family, so she ordered three grass carp in one go, and then went to the supply and marketing cooperative to buy a lot of vegetables. .

"Xiaoya, do you have extra pots at home?"

Song Shiya nodded: "Yes, I'll get them for you?" "

And the coal stove too, let Dafu, Jiang Yu and Jiang Zhang help you get it."

The stove at home and There are not enough pots, and with the addition of Song Shiya's, three pots can be opened at the same time. On such a cold day, it is natural to cook and eat at the same time.

Song Shiya waved to the young ones, and then said with a smile: "I thought the grilled fish you were talking about was grilled directly on the fire." "

It is grilled, but it has to be cooked after grilling. It's almost like eating from a pot."

Back home, Chu Yinyin, Ye Yufang and Sister-in-law Guan processed the fish and marinated it. "Jiang Hui, is the fire ready?"

"It's ready," Jiang Hui responded.

Although the weather is nice today, if you want to eat outside, you still need to make a fire to make it warmer. Not only that, you can also grill the fish on the way.

Brush the fish with oil and place it on the remaining grill. The charcoal is a dark flame, but when it comes into contact with the oil droplets dripping from the fish, a small stream of fire immediately comes up, and the tongue of flame licks the fish. After a while, the unique aroma came up.

At this time, the pot was also brought back.

The grass carp is too big, so cut it into two pieces. First fry the spicy red oil in the pot, then add various seasonings, put it directly into the stew, and when the meat is almost cooked, add the prepared potato slices. , lotus root and Chinese cabbage are put in and cooked together, as well as tofu, which Sister-in-law Guan brought over, but this one is not cooked and must be cooked until three minutes before it is ready to be taken out of the pot.

"Mom, I'm so hungry. How long do I have to wait?" Not only Jiang Zhang, but the other children too, lost all interest in playing and kept spinning around the boiler.

Chu Yinyin rubbed the fish meat with chopsticks. It was tender, firm, and cooked.

"Go and get a bowl of rice. It's ready to eat."

"Yeah! That's great!" Several children immediately ran towards the kitchen happily. Chu Yinyin took out the tofu first to prevent it from boiling, and then He closed the lid of the coal stove again. The ingredients were already cooked. All he had to do was cook them slowly.

The courtyard is large enough so that everyone doesn't have to crowd together. After the meal is served, each person can just hold a bowl and sit next to the pot with a chair to eat.

The first thing that comes into your mouth is tofu. The tofu is easy to cook, absorbs enough soup, and has a unique smooth and tender texture. You don't even need to bite the delicious food, you can swallow it directly.

"Fortunately, Xiao Chu, you served it in advance. Otherwise, these children would be so impatient that their tongues would have blistered." Sister-in-law Guan said with a smile.

The tofu that had only been cooked for a few minutes was so delicious, not to mention the other ingredients that had been boiling in the soup. The pot was always burning, so there was no need to worry about the dishes getting cold. Everyone just laughed and chatted while eating.

Everyone was very happy, except for the Jiang Hua family who were separated by a wall.

Jiang Long and others wanted to show off this morning, but were defeated by Jiang Yu. They kept clamoring for food when they got home. Wen Xinjie's cooking skills were just like that, how could she make so many tricks.

But fortunately, Deng Feng came, and her cooking skills were pretty good. She fried braised pork in just a few seconds. Because there was a lot of meat at home, even twice-cooked pork was ready in one meal.

Looking at the pile of meat, Jiang Long and others were satisfied. They put the vegetables into bowls and were about to take them outside to show off when they smelled an extremely alluring fragrance. In this smell Next, even the dishes Deng Feng cooked seemed unappetizing.

Several children ran over to take a look, and immediately shouted when they came back: "I want to eat grilled fish! We also want to eat grilled fish!"

Wen Xinjie gritted her teeth. This Chu Yinyin definitely did it on purpose. Isn't it amazing how well she can cook? She also did it on purpose Taking it to the yard to eat is really thoughtful.

Deng Feng didn't know how to grill fish. He had a headache due to the noise from his three grandsons, and he could only go over to take a look. He found that Chu Yinyin and the others were eating from a pot, so he made a fish hot pot according to his usual method.

But Jiang Long threw away his chopsticks as soon as he ate it: "I don't want it. It doesn't taste like this. The ones Jiang Yu and the others eat are much more delicious."

Jiang Hu also said: "That's right, grandma, I want to eat that one. If it doesn't taste like this, I won't eat it!" "

The children were spoiled and pampered to begin with. After this period of time, their tempers have become even worse. If they don't go their way, they can bring down the roof.

Deng Feng's waist and back ached from being tortured. She was so busy that these little brats were still unwilling to eat. She was so angry that she couldn't scold the children, so she could only vent her anger on Wen Xinjie.

"It's all because of you that I must move here. Now, not only was Chu Yinyin playing tricks on me, but he also turned around and tormented me, an old woman!"

Deng Feng was very angry. She heard what Jiang Hua said here. Houses here are more expensive than elsewhere. If you change places, you can definitely buy a better and bigger house.

Wen Xinjie became angry when she heard this. She was about to say something when she suddenly heard a "wow" sound.

Turning around, he saw that Jiang Long had vomited on the floor.

Before they could react, Jiang Hu and Jiang Baoxia also vomited.

"What are you doing standing still? Send him to the hospital quickly!" Deng Feng shouted.

All three children vomited, and the smell was unmistakable. Wen Xinjie felt that her stomach was also acidic, but she could only suppress it first and followed Jiang Hua to send all three children to the hospital.

The doctor checked and said: "It's okay, he just caught a cold. In this kind of weather, how can we let the children eat in the cold wind? It would be strange if they don't vomit after eating something cold!"

Jiang Hua asked doubtfully: "When do they eat in the cold wind? Have you eaten? Did you make a mistake?"

Deng Feng snorted coldly: "You can't be wrong! It's all your fault for being such a good wife, and encouraging them to show off to the side. It's better now. You must have gotten sick from eating!"

Wen Xin Jie wanted to say it was not her instigation, but before she could speak, the sour feeling in her stomach could no longer be suppressed, and she quickly ran to the side and was about to vomit it out.

Deng Feng said coldly: "Just pretend."

She felt that Wen Xinjie was afraid of being scolded and deliberately pretended to be like this, "You didn't go out to eat, why are you vomiting?"

The doctor happened to have not left yet. Hearing this He said, "Come here, let me take a look."

After looking for a long time, he found no symptoms of a cold. The doctor was stunned, put his hand on Wen Xinjie's wrist, tried it, and said clearly: "No. If you catch a cold, this comrade is pregnant."

"What?!"