Relationships

Ongoing:

Max x Eugene
Theme song: 'Chemtrails Over the Country Club' - Lana Del Ray
Healthy or toxic: healthy
Who fell first: Max
Who fell harder: Eugene
Pet names:
- Max calls Eugene baby, honey, sweetheart, and sweet boy
- Eugene calls Max babe, baby, angel, and beautiful
Fun facts:
- They sing duets together. The first time Eugene heard Max rap, he was gobsmacked by how good they were. They also sing to each other if the other person needs calming down.
- Eugene can be whiny and sarcastic, but Max tolerates it.
- They're very protective of each other, especially when it comes to Lawrence.
- Sometimes Eugene will lay his head in Max's lap while they play with his hair. Also, from time to time, Max will let Eugene do their hair.
- Max hates waking up alone, so Eugene always wakes them up if he wakes up first.
- Eugene is a fantastic flirt, but will always get flustered when Max flirts back. They also tease each other a lot.
- Max is the only person Eugene shares his food with.
- Eugene loves tickling Max. He also likes blowing raspberries on their stomach.
- Max likes kissing Eugene's nose.
- Eugene has tried to pick up Max bridal style, but it's never worked. He can still carry them on his back, though.
- They plan to get engaged once the world becomes stable enough.
- Max won't hesitate to throw hands with anyone who happens to show blatant transphobia towards Eugene.
- Since Max works in the Safe Zone kitchens, they'll always sneak Eugene extra food due to his big appetite. One time, before the two started dating, Max came back to the tent completely exhausted and Eugene tucked them into bed.
- Eugene can be clingy at times, but hates to admit it.
- One time, Lawrence kidnapped Max. When Eugene and a few of the others came to free them, the first thing Max did was make out with him (purposefully in front of Lawrence).

Zion x Ethan
Theme song: 'body' - tuv
Healthy or toxic: healthy
Who fell first: Ethan
Who fell harder: Zion
Pet names:
- Ethan calls Zion love, babe, and handsome
- Zion calls Ethan babe and baby
Fun facts:
- Ethan can pick Zion up. Zion always pretends to hate it.
- For a while, they were more like friends with benefits. When they needed some stress relief, they'd fuck. (Zion is the bottom.)
- One time, the gang was playing truth or dare and Judy dared Ethan to kiss Zion. It turned into a full on makeout session. Scarlett was pissed.
- Zion has a soft spot for Ethan. He's one of the only people he's polite to.
- At first, Zion wasn't very open with Ethan due to internalized homophobia. But Ethan was very patient with him.
- They're not big fans of PDA. Holding hands, a hand on the thigh, or an arm around the shoulder is as much as they'll do around other people. In private, they're big cuddlers.
- They're each other's first love.
- Ethan teaches Zion baseball while Zion teaches Ethan soccer.
- Harry is their third wheel.
- One day, they want to go to Japan together because they both have heritage from there. Ethan also wants to introduce Zion to his extended family, who mostly live in Japan.
- Whenever Ethan starts falling asleep while standing up, Zion will smack his ass to keep him awake.
- Sometimes, when hugging, Zion will put his hands under Ethan's shirt because he wants as much closeness as possible.
- Ethan will sometimes tell random stories to make Zion feel better when he's depressed.
- Ethan snores. Zion bugs him about it (even though his snoring is even louder).
- Zion gets jealous easily. Ethan thinks it's adorable.

Failed:

Max x Judy
Theme song: 'Jenny' - Studio Killers
Healthy or toxic: healthy
Who fell first: Judy
Who fell harder: Max
Pet names:
- Max called Judy baby, hon, and honey
- Judy called Max baby, sunshine, and sweetpea
Fun facts:
- They became best friends in middle school and dated from their freshman year to their sophomore year of high school.
- They took each other's virginity. When they were cuddling naked in bed afterwards, one of Judy's little sisters happened to walk in on them. It was a catastrophe.
- Since Judy was Jewish, they often invited Max and their mom over to her place for Shabbat dinner. Judy was also the reason Max is a big fan of The Prince of Egypt and its soundtrack.
- They were very affectionate with each other. Judy's sisiters often acted disgusted, but they still shipped them.
- When they broke up (they simply fell out of love), they managed to maintain a close friendship.

Zion x Scarlett
Theme song: 'Moon Song' - Phoebe Bridgers
Healthy or toxic: toxic
Who fell first: Scarlett
Who fell harder: Scarlett
Pet names:
- Scarlett called Zion babe, baby, and sexy
- Zion called Scarlett babe and princess
Fun facts:
- They only dated for six months in their junior year. They didn't really like each other romantically, but they wanted to due to both having internalized homophobia.
- They bonded over both being rebellious people when it came to school and their families.
- Scarlett would often skip school with Zion and went to all his soccer games. She was also a bit of a pick me girl, and Zion was annoyed by it, but he kept her around because he knew that she wasn't using him for his money, as his parents were rich.
- They broke up after they banged because Zion realized that he couldn't keep denying that he didn't like girls. Scarlett didn't want to accept that and kept pursuing him because of how desperate she was. She also knew that Zion genuinely cared about her and didn't want to let that go.