The Universe

(This includes some canon.)

- The story is set in Culmont, Wisconsin in modern day United States.

- The zombie virus was started by a small outbreak of bubonic plague, which had adapted and now no longer needed to be spread by fleas. Scientists and doctors decided to experiment on infected people to try and develop a vaccine, but of course, it only made it worse. The virus is spread through the blood, and being bit by a zombie or injesting its blood can lead to you becoming infected.

- Symptoms of the virus include coughing up blood, bloody noses, bloodshot eyes, yellowing skin, and of course, bubos full of pus.

- At this point, the virus has spread from Wisconsin to Canada and the Southern United States. Other parts of the world have started to send in relief efforts.

- Zombies can be killed by a blow to the head or by crushing their chest, therefore stopping their heart. These zombies are also fast runners. They're very sensitive to noise, but are almost blind (key word: almost).

- Humans with blood conditions, like diabetes, are a peculiar case. If you have a blood condition and are infected by a bite or by injesting blood, you remain sentient and are given special abilities, like the ability to control other zombies. When it comes to human flesh, you'd only crave flesh of dead humans, not living ones.

- The Safe Zone is located in a large baseball stadium in the middle of Culmont and is guarded by the army. It's one of the only buildings in the city that still has electricity and running water.