Chapter Thirteen- Lucky Numbers

Sasuke was shoved into the room at the end of the hallway and both flaming-homos bowed. Sasori gave Sasuke a small smirk before his eyes went down completely, and Deidara shuffled a bit. Sasuke turned around, looking at the scene before him.

Completely unlike what he had expected. No gory blood, no dead body, no torture devices, instead- a normal desk with a pretty spunkie looking adult sitting down in the only chair in the room right behind the desk.

The lovey-dovey couple exited almost immediately when the dude waved his hand in a shooing gesture and Sasuke raised an eyebrow, slightly impressed.

"You can throw those ropes in that corner there, it was probably a part of Deidara's 'Lost and Found' collection." Pain barely glanced at him before looking down again. Sasuke's mouth gaped open. How had he known...?

He shrugged the ropes off and tossed the binding obstical things away, noticing the amount of weird things in that corner. A lot of clay doll...thingys, weapons, lotion bottles and even a hairbrush with long blond hair stuck to it. Pain looked at him again, this time putting down his papers and taking off his glasses. He folded them neatly and placed them on top of his work, his attention all of a sudden on Sasuke.

That's when the young Uchiha noticed just how many piercings he had. It seemed like he was an extremely painful punk who loved sticking metal in his skin, especially his face, but his clothes and attitude completely contradicted his appearance. Sasuke couldn't figure him out, and it made him mad. He didn't like not knowing.

"You remind me of your brother with every moment you're here, it's stunning how similar you two are...I bet you don't like hearing that, eh?" Pain grinned as Sasuke grimaced. He wanted to be anything BUT in Itachi's shadow, even though he was his brother.

"So why am I here?" He asked and Pain pursed his lips. "Well, I think the main reason is to offer you information. Valuable information, and in turn...you give me your information." Pain smiled. "Kind of like an exchange." Sasuke's eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean? I don't think I have any important information."

"Oh, but you do. Your lineage, your special blood, I want to know all about it. And in return, I'll tell you the truth about the day your entire clan was...exterminated." Sasuke froze. "Wait. The truth? I already know...but if you can give me information about the murderers who took my family's life away, I...I think I might be able to give you what you want." Sasuke paused. It was their family secret, how had Pain even known?

"How ironic." Pain said with a small smile on his face and he turned in his chair, making a full circle before he stopped. His eyes were gleaming. "I'll tell you everything there is to know about your precious murderer, and you can tell me about your eyes. Deal?" Sasuke's expression turned stormy. "Precious murderer? Don't play with me, it's been a sore spot for me for awhile now." Pain nodded. "Of course."

"So, your decision?" Pain took up his pen and swirled it around in his fingers. Sasuke shut his eyes, thinking. He would learn the truth, whatever it might be, and know all about the murderer-he was surprised it was only one person-in exchange for his information on his eyes. It sounded fair enough.

Before he could say anything though, someone burst into the room. "Sasuke, I found you!" Naruto said loudly and Sasuke's mouth gaped open. He didn't even have time to think, Pain had already pressed a piece of paper to his hand. "Just give me a call whenever and we can decide. Good bye, I've enjoyed your company immensely." Naruto seemed to notice the person behind Sasuke and he frowned. "What's with the metal pieces?" Pain smiled. "That's private information." Naruto raised an eyebrow and a hand clamped down onto his shoulder.