Chapter Six- The 'Doctor'

When Sasuke had collapsed, I felt something weird. Like worry.

I know, crazy. Like I ever even cared for that bastard…and yet…

Why the hell did he do something stupid like this? I dragged his unconscious body across the room, finally just putting him into my bed. His brow was creased and his breathing jagged, and as soon as I sat him down he clutched onto the blankets.

When I was just about to leave something held me back. I looked, his hand was grabbing onto the back of my shirt. “…Oi? Sasu-”

His lips met mine and a moment later I realized we were kissing.

I was about to yell and run away in fright, but suddenly I felt something wet on my face.

He was crying, his whole being shaking as he kissed me with all his might.

I broke away, a hand over my cheeks and a very stunned look on my face and his eyes suddenly snapped into focus.

A second later they widened and his mouth opened to mirror my face.

“What the hell…did you just do?” I swallowed with the taste of him.
His eyes widened again, he breathed out harshly. “Damn it, not this…anything but this…” The big smooch on the lips was what I didn’t ask for...what was he talking about?

“Of all the things…why did I have to be one of THEM?” He was almost yelling now, his anger very, very evident on his face. I was freaking out. He had kissed me, and he was very mad that he had kissed me? What the he;; was going on?

“Uh…Sasuke, calm down, I’m sure whatever’s wrong will be fixed.” His gaze snapped onto mine, the normally dull eyes of his looking brighter than ever. His cheeks were flushed, he looked…out of control.

“You…I’ll be stuck with you forever?” He groaned and I twitched. “What the heck is that supposed to mean?”

“It’s a contract, a contract! I can’t escape it, I’d die before I leave you behind!” He yelled angrily.

“…What if I leave you behind?” I asked, trying to calm him down. He stared at me with his eyes, and suddenly I had a cold chill.

“We both die.” He was talking non-sense, feverish. He was sick. So sick he was delirious. I pushed his head back against the bed, he was already breathing hard. 

“Just sleep. Forget this ever happened. You’ll be fine. I’ll go get someone to get a look at you.” Sasuke was protesting, but his voice was getting weaker. Soon it was just a soft sigh, and he fell asleep.

And where in the world did it leave me? You’d be God-damned assured that I was somewhere on the edge of confusion, about to fall into a deep pit called getting pissed off.

I snorted and looked at him. His face had smoothed from its previous features, the furrows on his head gone and without of a trace.