Chapter Fourteen-

You know, it kind of sucks when you wake up with a hangover. 

It sucks even more when you wake up with less than half your blood supply. 

Naruto twitched when he tried to move, blinked when he tried to talk, and croaked when he needed to die. 

...

Just kidding. It wasn't that bad, but Naruto still felt like dying. Itachi had brought him to his house and helped him recover, while grounding Sasuke in the attic for the entire time. Naruto wasn't really sure what happened, one moment he was kissing Sasuke, the next he was dying. 

Tsunade sama had called, said it was alright for him to stay a few days in a friendly 'sleepover' and added in suspsciously that she needed to go make some bacon. Naruto hoped she wasn't drunk enough to eat their pet. 

Sasuke had been very, very unlike himself these past few days. He didn't seem to want food and only ate whenever Itachi whispered something into his ear, and then it was still with relunctance. His eyes looked red about every other time Naruto caught a climpse of him, and he wasn't talking about the stuffy, crying kind of eyes. Sasuke's very pupils looked red, as if that special power thing was still going on. 

Sakura had called on Saturday when he didn't show up to their weekly 'friend time' and Naruto sheepishly read off the excuse that Itachi had wrote him, stumbling over a few words and causing Itachi to wince and cover his face with his hands, an action that made Naruto feel incredibly stupid. 

"Um, I-um, my grandma came to visit me and we decided to go to a-a...hot spring? (what the heck, Itachi?) Y-yeah, so we're halfway there right now, hahaha, the reception going to get really bad in a few moments because...we're going to the country side and-" 

Itachi looked at Naruto with an expression of despair and Naruto kind of snapped. He crumpled the piece of paper in his hand and tore his eyes away from Itachi, staring at the wall as he spoke once again into the phone. "I'm about a meter away from death and my grandma just hurled my phone into the river, the exact reason why I'm still talking to you. Probably the reception." 

"-Naruto!" Sakura said from the other end as Naruto snapped the phone shut. Without a look at  Itachi he threw it like a kunai knife from those action movies he saw and Itachi caught it in between his fingers. The iphone slipped down till it fell into his lap and Itachi sighed. "You could have just read my note." Naruto shrugged. "I'm slightly bored." 

"Less than one day in bed and you're dying from boredom? You did recover quickly but I don't think I can let you walk yet-" He barely finished before Naruto suddenly stood up and took a few steps towards him, perfectly fine-then he staggered and Itachi was on his feet in a flash, ready to catch the determined fool when someone already helped Naruto.

Both Naruto and Itachi looked at Sasuke with surprise and Sasuke took a step back, surprise also on his face. "I was just passing by and-" He glanced at Naruto and sat him down. Naruto fumed but didn't struggle, and he turned to look at Itachi. 

Itachi closed his eyes. "I guess I need to give you two some time alone. Sasuke, please don't do any damage." Sasuke snorted and Itachi got up, giving Naruto a smile before leaving. Naruto opened his mouth to say something, probably to stop him, but he was already gone.