𝖎𝖎. 𝕸𝖆𝖗𝖞 𝕾𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖔𝖓

~~~~
Portrayal(s): Kathy Najimy, Nina Kitchen (younger)
~~~~
Full Name: Mary Sanderson

Sobriquet (Nickname/Nicknames): N/A

Gender: Female

Age: 14 (1653), 16 (1655), 54 (at the time of her death), 354 (resurrected once in 1993; Hocus Pocus), 383 (resurrected twice in 2022; Hocus Pocus 2)
~~~~
Parent(s): Unnamed biological parents †, "Mother" (adoptive mother)

Sibling(s): Winifred Sanderson (older sister) †, Sarah Sanderson (younger sister)

Significant Other(s): N/A
~~~~
Date of Birth: 1639

Date of Death: 1693

Cause: Hanging

Homeplace: Sanderson Sisters' Cottage; Salem, Massachusetts
~~~~
Occupation: Witch

Affiliation(s): The Sanderson Sisters
~~~~
Like(s): Tracking down children, pleasing Winifred, being right, singing, worshiping Satan, witchcraft, Mother, television, being youthful, eating, scorpion pies, dark Chocolate

~~~~
Dislike(s): Losing her power, candy, displeasing Winifred, aging, her own and Sarah's stupidity, being called "ugly", her own clumsiness, Max, Becca and the others, bright lights, Winifred messing with Sarah, being insulted, Mother's death

~~~~
Ability/Abilities: Cryokinesis, enhanced smell, hypnotic singing (limited), potion brewing, spell casting

Paraphernalia(s): Broomstick, vacuum cleaner (formerly), roller skates (currently)

Status: Deceased
~~~~
Background: Mary Sanderson was the second and the middlest of the two sisters. She's flimsy, caring, most competent, clever, and observant. Her and Sarah had been raised by their older sister, Winifred ever since their parents left them without return. With Winifred's refusal to marry John Pritchett in Reverend Traske's demand, Mary and Sarah were apprehended. Mary and her sisters would eventually escape from Reverend Traske and the mob.

They later went to the woods to remain hidden. They would then meet Mother that would be the Sandersons' mentor and parental figure. No matter where the sisters would go, Mary was always by Winifred's side and do whatever it takes to seek Winifred's approval.

Although not as threatening nor as airheaded like her sisters, Mary's lightheartedness and hope is what keeps the Sandersons together despite dealing with Winifred's constant torments.

~~~~
Trivia:

- Mary Sanderson took inspiration of the Wicked Witch of the East from the 1900's novel, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

- According to Allison in a piece of deleted dialogue back at Hocus Pocus (1993) from the shooting script, Mary's father was mentioned to be a bloodhound to explain her dog sense behavior. However, in this sequel (even the redraft version), Mary and her sisters shared a single father.

- Despite that the Sandersons' father died right before Winifred's sixteenth birthday and that their mother's status is unknown in the sequel. In this redraft (Act III), their biological parents abandoned Winifred and her sisters at a very young age.