Jumada al-Thani

What is Jumada al-Thani?

Jumada al-Thani is the sixth month of the Islamic (hijri) calendar and is also referred to as Jumada al-Akhirah.

It was a special month for the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), as it is the month in which his most beloved daughter Sayyida Fatima Zahra (AS) was born (on 20th Jumada al-Thani). 

For Muslims, it’s a great time to send salutations upon her and to reflect on her incredible life, character and nearness to the Prophet (PBUH) , from which we can draw important lessons which we can implement in our lives.

The Prophet (PBUH) said:

Fatima is part of me: she is my heart and my soul that is within my chest. Whoever hurts her has actually hurt me, and who hurts me has angered Allah’

Bukhari

This reflects her nearness to the Prophet (PBUH) and high status to Allah. 

It was common practice for the people of pre-Islamic Arabia to name the months according to the season that they occurred in, or the common practices of the time. The word Jumada derives from a word meaning dry parched land, or a land devoid of rain. It could also mean to freeze. This could be related to the weather conditions at the time when the months were first named historically. However, as the Islamic year operates on the lunar calendar and therefore moves forward 11-12 days each year. This means that the name of the month may no longer correspond to the weather conditions it was named after, or the practices originally associated with it.

What is the importance of Jumada al-Thani?

Jumada al-Thani is not a special month of worship, but Allah (SWT) and His messenger the Prophet (SAW) recommend voluntary acts such as sadaqah jaariyah, recitation of the Qur’an, istighfar and voluntary prayers all the year round.

It is important to use your time wisely. For the Believer, every moment, every day is a precious opportunity for reward and to wipe sins away with good deeds.

“Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death”
P

rophet Muhammad (Peace be Upon Him)- Ibn Abbas and reported by Al Hakim

follow me for more beneficial reminders!

And Only Allah Ta’ala Knows Best.

————————————–
السلام و علیکم ورحمتہ اللہْ

May Allah help us all. Remember me and the entire Muslim Ummah in your Duas.
@Slave_of_Ar-Rehman