1

This was the first time in a while that you actually had free time to hang out with your best friend, Areum. You were always working, and during the weekend, all you wanted to do was lay in bed and watch TV all day. The two of you decided that a small vacation was needed, so you both had planned to have a sleepover to map out your whole trip.

"I don't really want to go that far if I'm being honest." Areum told me as she dug her spoon into her freshly scooped strawberry ice cream. I looked down at her poster board that she insisted on bringing because she thought it would help us plan better. Her bunny slippers moved up and down as she wiggled her toes, train of thought running through her head of the endless amount of things you guys could do together. This was your first real vacation, two weeks off of work and away from home. We had to plan every second of this getaway because we probably won't get another for a long while.

"I want to stay at a fancy hotel! Last time you got us a 3 star and that place was nasty." I scrunch my nose in disgust, remembering back to the yellow water that flowed through the tub the first time I had turned on the hotel bathrooms shower. "I want to be fancy."

"That's going to cost a pretty penny." She scribbled some stuff on the poster board that I didn't pay much mind to. "I'm down, though. I wouldn't mind room service and a nice view." It was silent for a moment before she spoke up again. "What about Jeju?"

"Oh come on, that's so cliché. Vacation time on Jeju? Are you even trying?" I tilted my head as I questioned her.

"Well, I don't want to be in the city with noisy cars and stuff. And I also don't really want to leave Korea. I want paradise! Come on, think about it." Her pen flicking the side of my head, I swatted it away as I rolled my eyes.

"Fine. Write it down, but that is not finalized." Seconds after I finished my sentence, Areum's phone started buzzing. She set her pen and cup of half eaten ice cream down.

"Hey baby, what's up?" She proceeded to put her phone on speaker and place it back on the table, swapping it for her ice cream and spoon once more.

Her boyfriend, Seungchan, then spoke. "Hey babe, I left some stuff from work on top of the table. Can you bring it down for me? I should be outfront in 2 minutes."

"Channieeee, why can't you just come up here? That's too much work." She pouted. I knew Areum, and I knew she was half serious. She was that lazy, and he knew it. "Wait, I can send Jo to bring it. Hehehehe, " She giggled.

"Don't you wanna see my cute face?" He said.

I heard a scoff from another voice on the line. "That's what you call cute? You're disgusting."

"Shut up, Eunseok." I heard some bickering and commotion on the other line before Seungchan spoke up again. "I'm here. Jooooo hurry please I don't want to told up traffic." He spoke up a bit, knowing his girlfriend had a habit of always putting him on speaker phone as she continued to multitask whatever she was doing at the time.

"Fine. I'm on my way." I said, getting up from my position on the couch and making my way to the dining table. I spotted folders filled with paperwork. Every one of them labeled and clipped together so that nothing would fall out. I slipped on my shoes before opening the door and heading out. But before I fully exited, I heard Areum and her noisy phone call after me.

"Thank youu" the two lovebirds sang in unison. They had been dating for almost a year now, and I could tell they really loved each other. He treated her right, unlike her shitty ex-boyfriend Jae. Seungchan was a total upgrade.

The elevator dinged as I made my way through the lobby and outside towards the familiar silver Hyundae I had seen multiple times before. I clutched the folders as I felt a gust of wind hit my face. I saw Seungchan leaning over the person who was sitting in his passenger seat as he waved at me with a big smile. "Hey Jo!" He greeted as he lowered his car window.