4

As soon as I got home, I called Areum and told her to come over. She agreed, and just 15 minutes later, I had already heard a knock at my door. I head over, ready to pull her in and tell her everything, but as soon as I open the door, I stop in my tracks. "Jo Ishihara?" The man in front of me questions.

"Yes, that's me," I confirm. He hands me a yellow slip to sign off on whatever he was here to deliver. After I scribble my name down, he takes the clipboard and places it under his arm. He bent over towards the table the owner of the building had decorated each hall with. Suddenly, a giant vase filled with fresh flowers came into view.

"These are for you." My lips part in awe. This arrangement was huge and so beautiful. My eyes widened as I held the vase in my hand, the weight taking me by surprise.

"Thank you." I attempt to bow as he bows back and heads towards the elevator once more. I kick the door closed and head over to my dining room table. My smile was so big that it made my cheeks hurt. "What the hell..." My mind ponders. As I scan the flowers, I notice a note sticking out at the top.

'Maybe you'll remember me now...
     -Eunseok'

Before I could take in the note, the sound of knocking fills the room once more. "Open uuuppp." I hear Areum call for me. I place the note on the table and jog to the door. A cheesy smile still plastered onto my face.

I swing the door open and pull her inside. "Hurry, come look!" My fingers gripping her sweater she had on.

"Hold on, I'm coming! What is it?!" She finally slips off her shoes and runs in the direction I pulled her in. As we ran, I heard her gasp from behind me. "DONT TELL ME," She yells as we make a full stop in front of the flowers. "Did he leave a card?!"

"Yeah," I laugh. Pointing at the white card placed next to the flowers. She quickly picks it up, reading it with puzzled eyes.

"What does this mean?" She asks. I pull her to the couch and explain everything that happened today. Showing her my phone with Eunseoks' new contact name. Reminding her of Shotaros party last year that she had begged me to come to because she was nervous to be around all of Seungchan's friends alone for the first time. "I knew you guys would be good together. See! Just gotta listen to me more often. I called it from the start." She shrugs her shoulders, basically claiming that this was all her doing.

"Oh, shut up." I slap her arm playfully, giggling as we calm down from all the commotion.

"Did you text him about the flowers?" She questioned, heading over to my kitchen to get herself something to drink.

"About that.....I'm too scared to text him."

"Spill it. What did you leave out this time?" She cracks open a coke and quickly looks for snacks before running back to me.

"Well, I kinda sorta forgot to mention....he claimed that our outing today was a 'date' and that he'll text me to set up another one."

She began giggling like a mad woman, kicking her legs in the air before looking back at me once more. "It's official. You guys are dating. Oh my god."

"Well, no -"

"What do you mean no? It's a thing now. Don't deny it. Don't crush my heart."

"Well, I just think it should be planned and agreed on. I shouldn't be tricked into dating him."

"So if he asked you to set up a date, you'd say yes." She questions.

"Well... yeah." I slightly blush.

She goes back to giggling momentarily. "So text him. Now."

"He's probably still working."

"I don't care. Do it. Now."