6

I woke up to the feeling of my phone vibrating. I turn over and rub my eyes, noticing it's still a bit dark in the living room. I peek at my phone screen with just one eye open.

My Future Boyfriend
'You're probably still sleeping, but I'm gonna be working all day. I might not be able to text you.'
'If I'm free, wanna get lunch later on?'

It's 5:45am, and he's texting me about lunch. I'm gonna kill him. I decided on just texting him back when I properly woke up, turning my phone off and tossing it onto the table.

-

"Wake up, sleepy head, I'm making brunch." Areum tugs on my feet, causing me to groan. I turn over and look at the time on my phone. 10:33am. If I ate now, I know I won't eat later on with Eunseok.

"I think I'll pass." I tell her. I tuck my phone into my pant pocket and reach for my backpack to pull out my toothbrush and head for the bathroom in the hall. I forgot to pack my toothpaste in the rush to escape my mother, so I use some of Antons.

"Whatever floats your boat." I hear her say from behind me.

While brushing my teeth, I take this time to look back at my messages with Eunseok.

Me
'What time?'

I responded to him, not expecting a text for a little while. He has yet to catch a break from work, and I feel pretty bad for him. I have yet to ask him about his private life. It feels pretty weird, to be honest. With his father being my boss, now soon to be a former boss, I just find it awkward to ask about any other home situations. He's only seen a glimpse of my home life, but he'll probably run away and scream if he ever saw what it was really like.

I wash out my mouth and splash some water on the rest of my face. There was no skincare routine this morning, unfortunately. I didn't pack all that.

I head back out into the living room to grab a change of clothes. I decided to wait until Eunseok responded with a set time so that I could shower. Plus, Anton was still asleep, and I didn't want to hog his bathroom when he had yet to use it this morning.

About 15 minutes of me scrolling on my phone went by before I got a text.

My Future Boyfriend
'Around 12:30 most likely. 1 the latest. Is that ok?'

Me
'Yeah, that's fine'

My Future Boyfriend
'Did you eat breakfast?'

Me
'No'

I respond honestly. Before I could send a separate text explaining myself, he sent another message.

My Future Boyfriend
'Then we're eating sooner. I'll pick you up at 11:30.'

I giggle at his thoughtfulness.

Me
'No, we can still go at 12:30. Anton isn't awake yet, and I have to shower.'

My Future Boyfriend
'Sorry, I'll be away from my phone for a bit, so I probably won't respond after this. I'll come pick you up. Go shower, I'll kick Antons ass if he complains.'

"I agree with him." I jump at Areums voice suddenly coming from behind me. I clutched my chest at the sudden noise.

"Mind your business bitch damn!" I hid my phone screen from her as if it would make a difference.

"Where you guys going?" She wiggles her eyebrows and walks around the couch to sit next to me. "A date?" She continues.

"Not really" I smile. "Just to eat lunch."

"Ooooohhhh so that's why you didn't want my wonderful cooking." She scoffs. "Why are you guys moving so slowwww? I wanna go on double dates already."

I scrunch my nose at her admittance. "It'll be a while before we double date. We're not even dating Areum." I chuckle. "Part of me still thinks it's just a temporary thing, you know?"