10

What the hell is he doing here?

"Um...h-hi." I say not really wanting to make eye contact.

This man is supposed to be at work. What is he doing here.

"I hope you're enjoying your vacation." He says as I try to pay him no mind.

Something is fishy. I don't know what's going on, but I'm starting to get scared.

"What are you doing here?" I straight up ask. There's no use in entertaining his small talk.

"Isn't this public property? Am I not allowed on the beach?" He chuckles, but I wasn't laughing along.

"You just started working at the company, and you suddenly got approved for vacation days? That doesn't add up."

"You're such a smart girl." He laughs. "Nothing gets past you, huh?" He bends down to my eye level. "I called in sick. Just for a day or two. Then I'll be back to work. Don't tell the boss." He chuckles.

How did he know where to find me. Is he tracking me? Is my phone bugged or something?"I have to go." I announce. I grip onto the few shells that I had in my palms. Some of the sharp edges pierced my skin, but that was the least of my worries. He knew I was here. I knew I wasn't wrong. I knew I had a bad feeling about him, and unfortunately, I don't think this is the end of it.

"Hey, don't go. I just wanted to talk." He argues, but I ignore him and sit back down next to Areum.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she took in the scene before her.

I nod. "Yeah, I think I'll be fine." I let go of the shells. "I'll tell you in the room. I need to shower."

She nods her head, a concerned look plastered onto her face. "Yeah, of course honey, let's go." 

I felt icky. I needed to get the day off of me. It wasn't even that late into the day, but I wanted to be gone. I needed to calm down. I wasn't letting something like this get to me on my vacation. Nothing was going to ruin this for me.

I made sure he didn't follow us as we made our way into the room. "Was that who I think it was?"

"Yeah." I confirm.

"How the hell is he here? How did he know where we were?"

I run my fingers through my hair, I plop onto the bed and throw myself back. "I don't know. But someone had to have told him."

"Jo, he's a legit stalker. I think you should tell someone before it gets worse."

"Areum i know I just -" I pause. "I don't know. This is a lot. I just want to enjoy my vacation. The only reason why I'm not in full panic mode is because I know he has to go back soon. Maybe even today."

"He had to have just gotten here. He was wearing regular clothing head to toe." I nod, agreeing with her observation.

"I'm gonna head in the shower. Can you order food for us? I'm not picky tonight. Get anything." She nods as I get her my clothes and head toward the bathroom.

After about 30 minutes of standing in the hot steamy shower, I finally decided to head out. I wipe down my body with the towel and wrap it around my hair when I'm done. I get dressed in the clothes I brought I with me and put on some lotion along with some deodorant.

I looked at my phone to check the time and noticed I had a few notifications. I didn't really want to look at them right now, so I shoved my phone in my pocket. My hand was about to reach for the nob, but I heard Areum speaking on the other side. "No, I get it." She pauses. "Yeah....I don't think she'll mind. Foods getting here soon. We'll probably eat and watch a movie and knock out after... okay. I love you. Bye." She ends the call, and I wait a little before heading out.