3

"O-oh...um...sure." I stumbled on my words. I reach my hand out with my palm up. He unlocks his phone and places it in my hand. My fingers quickly hit each number, while my eyes scan multiple times. I made sure I didn't mess anything up before finally writing my name down. But I stopped myself and rewrote my contact name.

'That Drunk Girl I Took Home'

I chuckled before handing him his phone back. He looks at me with an eyebrow raised and a half smile, questioning my actions. "What's so funny?"

"You'll see." I smile. He began walking backward before waving and finally turning away down the hall towards the elevator. "Goodnight." I say before closing the door behind me. 

"I need to call Areum." I say to myself before grabbing my phone and running to my couch. I immediately find her number and press the call button. "Come on, pick up you whore." I say impatiently.

"What's wrong? You never call me. Let alone this late." I finally hear my best friend speak through the phone.

"It about a boy." I panic.

I hear a scream and slight thrashing on the other line as she speaks again. "FINALLY OH MY GOD, TELL ME EVERYTHING. WHAT HAPPENED. HOWD YOU MEET. WHAT'S HIS NAME. IS HE CUTE. IS HE TALL????? TELL MEEEEEE."

"Will you please calm down?" I huff. "And stop yelling. My head already feels like it's going to burst." I rub my temples. "Ok, before I say it, please promise me you won't say anything to anyone. I could just be...reading too much into it."

"Promise. Now tell me." She rushes me, immediately agreeing to my terms.

"It's Eunseok." More screaming in my ear.

"I KNEW IT. As SOON as Seungchan told me about the deal his dad cooked up for the company, I had a feeling that something  would happen."

"Oh my god, is THAT what you were giggling about the other night?"

"Yes." She giggles again.

"Anyway." I change the subject. "Long story short, my job went out for drinks tonight,  I was with Jimin and got mega tipsy on booze that Eunseok paid for, then he was staring at Jimin all night but then lied to me and told me she went home but she was still there so then he took me home, brought me food and before he left he asked for my number. Best friend, please tell me what all of this means. I'm so confused, and I feel like I'm just reading into it. This is normal, right? You know what he probably just asked because we're going to start working together. So maybe I should-."

"Will you slow down?!"

I sigh. "Sorry."

"Let's go back a little." She starts. "He was staring at Jimin all night? Where was she seated? You guys usually go together."

"She was across from me."

"Oh sweetie, he wasn't looking at Jimin. I can assure you." She laughs. "But wait. What do you mean he lied?"

"He told me Jimin left and that he told her he would take me home. But then in the car I asked why he did it and-" I stop myself.

"And WHAT?!"

"Well, he said he wasn't leaving there without me. And that he was doing me a favor. What does that even mean?" My kitty finally makes herself known and hops on the space next to me, purring as I rub her tiny head.

"Well, how did he say it?"

"He was kind of...mad. maybe I said something that pissed him off." I think back on my night.

"Mad? Hold on." She takes the phone away from her face. "Baby, does Eunseok get mad easily?"

"Jesus Areum, I told you to keep it a secret, and you open your mouth to his FRIEND?! I'm so embarrassed. I'm moving away. He's going to think I'm a weirdo for talking about him when I've only known him for a day."