7

"You're back. That was quick." Areum opens the door for me. She steps aside as I take my shoes off, not caring where they land in the door area.

"His dad wanted him back at work." I notify her as we make our way back to the living room.

"Oh Jo, look at what we've been doing!" Anton calls for me to sit next to him on the couch. I looked to the screen and noticed his phone was sharing a screen with the TV. They had pictures displayed of a younger Anton with whom I remember to be Shotaro. "I wanted to show you all the embarrassing pictures I have of Eunseok before you decide to actually date him." He jokes. "Hold on, let me go back...mmm...HERE!"

In the picture, there's a younger Eunseok. He has on his school uniform and is sitting next to Seungchan at a lunch table. "Look at my baby!" Areum fawns over her boyfriend.
Anton then switches to a picture of Eunseok with sharpie markings all over his face.

"He always fell asleep first when we'd sleep over each other's houses. It was only fair." Seungchan shrugs. I giggle at the silly words that were written alongside the crude drawings.

Anton switches to the next picture. It's of Wonbin and Shotaro. "Wonbin looks different with shorter hair." I comment.

We went on for a few more hours, laughing, talking, and eating until I finally decided that it was time for me to go home. If my mom wasn't already home from her day out, then that means I could sneak to my room and ignore her until she left the next morning or when I went off to work. Whichever comes first.

"I'll see you guys!" I call out from the doorframe. They said their goodbyes and waved to me.

Thankfully, when I got home, my mother still wasn't here yet. I greet my kitty who meowed as soon as she noticed the door opening. "Hi sushhhiii, mommy missed you, baby." I attack her tiny face with kisses, smelling her before putting her back down. She walks back and forth in front of me and rubs herself on my leg, purring as she does so. "Did Grandma play with you?" I called down to her. "Probably not." I head over to my bathroom and start the shower.

I place my phone on the counter as I begin to undress. After turning on the water, I grabbed my phone once again to play some music during my shower, but I noticed I had a missed FaceTime call from Eunseok. I decided on calling him back after, but he had already beat me to it.

My Future Boyfriend
You ok?

Me
Yeah, I'm home. I'm about to shower and just go to bed.

My Future Boyfriend
This early? It's only 7

Me
Gotta be at work in the morning, bestie

My Future Boyfriend
Quit friendzoning me. I'm your future boyfriend.

Me
Mmm, I'll think about it, but I gotta shower, the waters running.

My Future Boyfriend
I should've FaceTimed you instead, then

Me
Creep

I giggle as I exit our chat and go back to finding some music. After picking a song and putting it on shuffle, I step into the shower. When I finish bathing, I plan on going straight to sleep. If there's a slight chance I have to encounter my mother that early in the morning, I'd rather be well rested.

As I finished up and started getting dressed again, I noticed i received a voice note while I was in the shower.

"Jimin told me about your coffee schedules on the weekdays and we both agreed Mondays would be reserved for me, so I'll pick you up and we can go to the café you took me to last time. " He's so cute I could scream.

Me
Okay 😊

The remainder of the night consisted of me pretending to sleep while my mom walked down the hall to the guest bed and got her suitcase reorganized. Falling asleep early was for the best, so eventually, sleep took over me.