Chapter 3

*Luke's POV*

The name "Luke" effortlessly rolled off my tongue, evoking a sense of familiarity. The girl had just shared a memory with me, one that thankfully provided my name. "What else did you see in this memory?" I inquired, my excitement growing at the prospect of uncovering more details. "Ummm," she hesitated. "Come on, you can tell me anything," I reassured her with a warm smile. She looked absolutely adorable as she furrowed her brows and scrunched her nose in deep thought.

"Well...we were in the kitchen of an apartment, putting out smoke. I believe your recent kitchen mishap triggered that memory," she spoke slowly, carefully choosing her words. I sensed she was holding back, and I was determined to unravel the full story.
"Oh, don't tell me I burnt the food before too?!" I joked. "I must have quite the track record."

"No, this time I was the one cooking. I got distracted, and, well, yeah..." she trailed off, her cheeks turning a shade of crimson.

Was she blushing? Oh, I see... "And what distracted you?" I asked, already having a strong inkling of what was making her so nervous. The two of us were alone in the apartment, surrounded by memories and devoid of any concerns about what to do next. Perhaps we were just friends, or maybe there was something more between us. I couldn't deny the magnetic pull I felt towards her.
She was undeniably stunning, with her waist-length brown hair cascading down her back in perfect waves. Her light brown eyes and delicate button nose adorned with the most exquisite freckles only added to her allure. I won't even begin to describe her body, as I could easily lose myself in every curve. When I first laid eyes on her, I felt like a mere spectator being graced by her presence as I admired every inch of her.

I must admit, I felt a sense of satisfaction when I noticed her doing the same to me. It was even more gratifying when she traced my tattoo-covered arms and torso with her eyes only mere minutes ago. The intensity of her gaze only fueled my desire for her. I found myself captivated by every word she spoke, every expression that crossed her face. The way she looked up at me through her long lashes, a result of our height difference, only added to her mystique.

"You kissed me," she said softly, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I kissed you?" I asked, a smile of amusement beginning to spread across my face.

"Mhmm," she murmured, looking away as her cheeks flushed red.

"Did you kiss me back?" I prodded, eager for more details.
"I-I... we seemed to be very comfortable with each other," she replied cryptically. Sensing her discomfort,
I decided to change the subject.

Just as I was about to speak, a sudden thunder-like noise erupted from outside. Startled, she jumped and instinctively grabbed my arm, holding on tightly.

"Stay here, let me go check it out," I reassured her, turning to walk away. Reluctantly, she released my arm. I cautiously opened the door and crept outside, scanning my surroundings. Everything appeared normal. Dismissing the noise, I turned back towards the house.

But then, the loud thud sounded again. I whipped around to face the sky, where the words "Day 1" were spelled out in bold letters. I quickly scanned the area for any signs of danger before heading back inside, leaving the mysterious message behind.

As I turned back towards the cabin, I found myself locking eyes with her captivating honey brown gaze. "I thought I asked you to stay inside," I said, raising an eyebrow in question.

"I don't do well with orders," she replied, mirroring my expression and crossing her arms defensively. I chuckled at her defiance, finding it amusing. She let out a frustrated sigh and rolled her eyes at my amusement, only fueling my amusement further.

"I think the trials have begun," I pointed towards the letters in the sky. "We should explore around and then meet back here tonight," she suggested, still fixated on the mysterious message above.

"I don't think we should separate. We don't know what's out there," I expressed my concern. While part of me feared for her safety, another part was reluctant to be apart from her. I was beginning to grow concerned about my attraction towards her.

We were stranded in the middle of nowhere, trapped in some twisted game with no memories and no way out. Those should be my main priorities. Yet, here I am, fixated on a girl whose name I don't even know. If it weren't so inappropriate, I'd just kiss her and get it out of my system.

"You're right. We should stick together," she agreed, snapping me out of my internal turmoil.

———

We had been walking for approximately 20 minutes, surrounded only by trees with no buildings, cars, or signs of life in sight.

Suddenly, the beauty beside me gasped and pointed towards what appeared to be a gravel road. Without hesitation, we began to run in that direction. As we approached, the trees vanished, revealing a massive building with a prominent red sign that read "Parker Industries Coming Soon."

"Parker," she read aloud, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Her gaze remained fixed on the word "Parker," her expression unchanged. I wondered what was on her mind, but my curiosity was soon satisfied when she turned to me and said, "I need to tell you something."

AN: Hello my lovely readers! I hope you like my story so far. Please let me know what you think. Feel free to make any suggestions or ask any questions.
XO -KC