Enemies To Lovers; Part 3

Alessia's POV

After the warm up the team heads back into the changing rooms and Jonas goes through a short team talk, revealing the starting eleven that no surprise includes both Leah and I. I make sure to keep my eyes to myself so that they don't accidentally land on anyone that I don't want to look at. Then we all head back out onto the pitch and the match kicks off shortly afterwards.

The first half goes well and it's clearly obvious from the first fifteen minutes that the game is ours to win after two early goals from Viv and from Leah.

The whole team is playing well, including myself, so I know I have freedom to be skilful on the ball and try create more exciting plays because if I lose the ball I know the defence will have it covered and it won't be that detrimental to the game.

A lot of things don't go my way, but in the 38th minute I find myself in a lot of space just outside the penalty box and I take the opportunity to shoot. As soon as the ball leaves my boot I just know it's going in and it does just that, curling into the top left hand corner and then hitting the back of the net, making it up for all of the other poor attempts l've made so far.

I hear the noise of the crowd first, before a few of my teammates make there way over for the usual high five celebrations. Once the celebrations are over I turn back around to head towards the centre circle, my eyes accidentally catching with Leah who is already stood waiting there with her arms crossed.

God, she could look a little more happy that we've just scored.

I ignore her bitchy glance and the game
continues for another eight or so minutes before the half time whistle is blown and both teams make there way back to the changing rooms for the half time period. I sit myself down on the bench in front of my locker, inhaling the fluids in my bottle, waiting for Jonas to give us his verdict of the game so far.

He praises our performance and runs over the few changes that he would like us to make in the second half including the substitutions that he's going to bring in; thankfully I'm not being substituted off just yet.

As Jonas nears the end of his talk I find my mind wondering off, remembering that Ella and Joe are here watching the game. I'm unsure if my dad is here too, he told he wasn't sure if he'd make it out of work but I know he would've tried hard to make sure he made it if he could. I guess I'll look out for him in the second half.

"Alright girls, you've got five minutes until the second half kicks off so make sure you're all out on the pitch ready by then," Jonas says, finishing his talk. "Let's have another great half."

With that, Jonas makes his way out of the changing rooms and most of the girls begin to follow him out as well. I don't need to use the toilet or anything so l decide I'm going to make my way back out to the pitch along with them.

I'm about to stand up from the bench when all of a sudden my eyes catch with Leah's and I part my lips at as I realise she's been staring at me. I scan my eyes over her face, thinking that she's just going to look away and head out the changing rooms like everyone else, but instead she slightly nods her head to the side and uses her eyes to indicate for me to stay put.

I feel a drop in my stomach. Shit, what is she doing?

I should go, I should walk back out to the pitch and ignore her like l've told myself I would, but for some reason I can't and my body doesn't move. Curiosity of what she could possibly want won't let me move and so I stay sat on the bench and wait as the team exits the room.

It doesn't take long for the changing room to start getting emptier and Leah just stands staring at the last few girls that are making there way out.

I decide to stand up when Lia, the last girl left alone with us, closes her locker ready to leave as well. Then both Leah and I watch on in silence as she heads towards the exit and walks straight out. Then the door closes behind her.