Coward

Leah's POV

"Why do I have the feeling that you run away from me, Leah?"

I turned to face her, who again came closer. I leaned against the beverage counter behind me, where I placed a glass of water.

"You're wrong, I have no reason to run away." I tried to be as firm as I could.

"No?"

She stood beside me, still staring at me, letting her fingers gently touch my hand that rested on the counter.

"No, Russo." I walked away again.

"Because you look like a little kid afraid of the boogeyman." she let out ironically, making me stop dead in my tracks.

"Excuse me?" I turned towards her.

"You run away from me, or am I mistaken?"

"You are very much mistaken."

"Then prove it, prove that I'm wrong about you." she challenged.

I felt my chest rise and fall in a heavy breath. The shred of sanity I had left was trying to stand firm at all costs, but Alessia was stronger.

"I don't have to prove anything to you, and I'm with Lia!" I cut.

Alessia let out an ironic laugh, and turned her back to me.

"That's what I thought. Too much of a coward." she spoke dismissively.

"What did you call me?"

"Coward! Chicken, weak."

The words poured from her lips, violently hurting my ego. That wouldn't stay like that, if she wanted me to prove the contrary, so I would. I quickly approached the blonde.

"Say that again!" I seethed furiously.

Alessia turned to face me, and with her lips close to mine, she whispered.

"Cowar..."

Before she finished uttering the word, I pulled her body hard, taking her lips fiercely with mine. I held the blonde's body, and suspended it, putting her on top of the counter behind her. We let a few objects fall to the floor, but she didn't even care. Alessia in the same instant wrapped my waist with her legs, holding me against her. I brought one of my hands to her neck, letting my fingers intertwine between the strands of her hair, in which I tugged firmly. The blonde disconnected her lips from mine and smiled for brief seconds, a naughty smile, to then slide the tip of her tongue on my lips.

Damn her.

I took her lips again. Alessia half opened her mouth, giving passage for my tongue to meet hers. My fingers still tugged on her hair, while my free hand slid down her thigh, as she kissed me with pleasure. The sync of the movement of our tongues made me sigh, it was as if our kiss had a fucking perfect fit. Alessia bit my lower lip, pulling it between her teeth. Taking the opportunity to take a deep breath before returning her mouth to mine. We kissed with so much want that I could feel my lips hurt amid the pleasure of that so delicious kiss.

The woman's breathless breath was making me giddy, I was completely losing control. Alessia arched her head back, giving me free access to her neck. I didn't stand on ceremony, I kissed the soft skin with desire, as my hands pulled her body closer to mine. I felt Alessia's small hands go towards my jacket, yanking it desperately off my body. As if we needed that more than ever.

The piece of clothing fell to the floor, leaving only the thin shirt. Alessia moaned softly as soon as my lips closed on her neck, sucking hard. The counter shook with the movement of our bodies that at any instant could merge with such voracity of our touches. She went up with her hands inside my shirt, dragging her nails on my back, making me moan.

"Oh God, no!" I whispered, backing away quickly.

Alessia stared at me without understanding, her chest rose and fell quickly in a breathless breath, exactly how I was right now. I closed my eyes tightly and shook my head, before grabbing my jacket from the floor.

"We already decided the details!"I tried to be firm enough, but my mismatch breathing wasn't helping " I'm going back to Lia"

Alessia smiled cynically as she got off the counter. And I quickly walked towards the door.

"If you need help in the Arsenal, or you need me as a captain. Call, I'll be back, but that's all" those were my words before closing the door.

"Coward!"

I heard the blonde's voice from the other side of the door, but continued walking. In the corridor I ended up finding Alessia's mom. The woman stared at me with evaluative eyes, but l immediately walked away.

Alessia's was crazy, completely crazy. And she's driving me crazy.

l opened my car door, throwing the jacket on the passenger seat to then enter. I leaned my head on the steering wheel, letting my thoughts go back to their proper place. Alessia was a good player, she knew exactly what to do to disarm the opponent.

Why did she choose The Arsenal?

Why Alessia, why?

I fucking cheated on Lia.

I cheated on my wife.

I ruined my marriage.

Fuck...

"Dammit! What did you do, Leah?" I seethed to myself, hitting the steering wheel hard.

I shook my head, letting my eyes meet Alessia's house, and in the window of her office she stared at me with a cynical smile on her lips.

"Son of a bitch." I whispered when I saw her throw a kiss in my direction.

I started the car in the same instant, and sped out of that house.