Enemies To Lovers; Part 4

Leah's POV

I've looked around everywhere.

I went to the gym, I looked into massage rooms, I went into rehabilitation rooms and locker rooms, I even ventured past the offices of senior officials at the Arsenal Training Centre, and still I didn't see any signs of Alessia.

Obviously she's not the reason I went for a stroll, but I figured I'd at least spot her somewhere around the site and then I'd get the privilege of annoying her. But oh well, I guess she must've gone home.

I'm now making my way back towards conference room after a long loop around the centre. I'm about to head down an empty corridor, until I remember there's one more place nearby that I didn't venture to.

I guess there's no harm having a quick look?

I reach one of the doors at the end of the corridor, pushing it open and stepping out into the cold. Then I continue my walk, heading round the back of the building to a quiet corner of the Training Centre.

I turn the corner and to my luck... there she is.

I pause in tracks as I spot her, a smirk building on my face. She's sat on the table of a bench with her legs resting on the seat in front of her. Her back is to me, giving me a view of her loosely straight hair that's perfectly falling behind her, so she hasn't noticed me yet.

I quietly take a few more steps towards her and then stop when l'm in hearing distance.

Why the fuck is my heart beating so fast right now.

"So you're skipping conference now, hm?" abruptly let out, not missing her slight flinch as my voice hits her ears. Her head then lifts up slightly but she doesn't turn to look at me, she just huffs out.

"What do you want, Leah?"

I find myself smirking already by her reaction and decide to make the walk over to her bench. I lean forward slightly, placing my hands on the other end of the table from where she's sat. She still doesn't turn to face me though, but I know she can see me in her peripheral view.

"Oh nothing really, Alessia," I smirk.

After a few seconds she turns her head to give me a very quick glance, before swiftly diverting her eyes back to facing forward.

"You know, you're not exactly in our conference either," she retorts, responding to my original remark.

Our conference, hm.

"I got bored," I shrug, sighing. "You're not missing much?"

She pauses for a slight second.

"Great, I don't really care." She retorts, and it's obvious in her tone and by the fact that she's not even looking at me that she wants to be left alone.

I can't help but wonder if this is because of me, or if there is something else bothering her. Perhaps it's the reason she's out here and not in the conference?

My hands leave the table as I stand up straight and cross them over my chest. "Is there a reason you're skipping?" ask curiously.

I'm usually quite good at reading people, but when it comes to Alessia I have to admit I find it hard to try and work out how she's feeling. Another thing I hate about her.

"If there was, I wouldn't tell you," she mumbles just loud enough for me to hear.

A typical Alessia response, like usual she's being difficult. I suppose she really is choosing to just forget about our kiss and return back to our usual ways. Not that I'm complaining because that's exactly what I want too, I think?