24

3 months Taylor had been without Travis and she had suffered through every second of it.

Every time her phone rang she hoped it was him, every time she left the house she spent her time searching the faces of strangers on the street, hoping against hope that she would spot him but every day was the same. Nothing. No news. No contact just just a deep, dark, nothing.

Her father's cousin had arrived the week after Travis had left and he must have heard pretty quickly about Taylors previous relationship with her bodyguard because he found any and every opportunity he could to put his hands on her or make inappropriate jokes at her expense.

She tried complaining to her father but he was beyond done with her after the situation she had caused with Travis. In the previous three months he could barely bring himself to look at her let alone speak to her. Ana seemed to work more as a go between these days than a maid.

Lifting her head and gazing around the park, Taylor thought of the times she and Travis would walk here, never really saying too much, just slowly cementing the bond that had grown between them.

She missed that, the comfortable silence, the knowledge that no matter what happend he would always keep her safe. She missed his scent, the feel of his skin, the heat of his words against her neck, the feel of his lips against hers.

Looking to the bench next to her she noticed her father's cousin had fallen asleep behind his newspaper and she sighed heavily knowing if kidnappers really wanted her they could quite easily take her now Travis was gone and that thought no longer excited her or drew her to it, in fact nowadays the only thing that made her feel anything was the thought of one day being wrapped in Travis' arms again.

Taylor was so lost in her own thoughts that she didn't notice the two men walking up behind her, she was too deeply engrossed in her memories of Travis to know anything until a hand wrapped around her mouth and a gun pressed cold to her head.

"Follow us if you don't want that pretty little head splattered all over the park bench" she looked desperately to Carlos, her eyes wild with panic but the man continued to snore, dead to the world and oblivious to the danger Taylor was now in.

Standing up, one man stood in front of her as the other stood behind her, the gun now pushing in hard to her spine.

Closing her eyes and following the men to their car, Taylor allowed her mother's voice to fill her mind, a song she used to sing to Taylor and Austin when they were younger and awoken by nightmares.

She had sung it to them multiple times during their days in captivity and even then, even when things had seemed so grim and so hopeless it had calmed their young souls and allowed them sleep when living a nightmare.

'Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are...'

As Taylor entered the car and the door was slammed shut behind her she didn't see the figure at the other side of the park, she didn't notice him pull down his hood and take chase the second the gun was pulled. She didn't see him reach the car just as it sped off and she didn't hear him screaming at the sleeping man and pulling at his hair in distress.

As the car pulled away driving to God know where to, do God know what with Taylor, she didn't see Travis.