Chapter Seven

I ran as fast as I could, desperately taking a chance and going through a door I had never been in before. As it shut behind me, everything was almost too dark to see, but there was a small shelf that was up against a huge bookcase against the far wall. With no other ideas, I was quick to climb on top of the shelf and pull myself onto the top of the book case, shoving my body up against the wall as much as I could.

"Noel~," I heard in a sing-song voice, taunting me as it got closer. I stayed silent and closed my eyes in fear. It was almost like my childhood self kicked in, and I was hiding from the monsters under my bed or in my closet. If you can't see them, they can't see you, right?

I heard the door open as I held a breath before I heard the man sigh and slam the door shut. I heard my name again in the same tone as I heard another door somewhere down the hall open.

"Come out, come out." My stomach was knotted in fear, but I did my best to stay quiet and still. I laid there for hours until, out of boredom, the dark coaxed me into dozing off.

"You've got to fucking me kidding me!" I heard a loud voice yell. "Oh she's fucking dead." His tone was pure anger and I knew that voice anywhere. Waking up more the realization hit me that I had been hiding for hours. Actually I had no idea how long it had been since I had fallen asleep. My body was sore from the uncomfortable position I had been in. But now I was even more frightened of coming out of hiding.

Chris wasn't exactly the type to hear anyone out, and judging by the words he yelled I could only assume he figured I was trying to escape. The situation looked bad.

Unsure of what to do I layed still and listened for more words.

"-the entire building. When she's found you bring her straight to me. Got it?" Many voiced chimed in together in response and then nothing was heard again.

As I stayed in my spot I heard footsteps occasionally pass by the door.

It took an hour or so before the door opened and I cowered back, trying to stay hidden.

"Noel?" I heard a familiar voice whisper. The absolute best case scenario but I was still worried of the consequences. Although no one knew the truth. The door shut and I heard rustling around the room. "Damn it." He sighed, giving up and heading to the door but this was my chance.

"Josh." I whispered.

"No? What the hell are you doing in here?!" His yelling tone was still in a whisper as he looked around for me and I scooted foward. Our eyes locked and tears came to my eyes.

"I- earlier, I-" How was I suppose to explain this? Everyone in this damn place was together. No one would believe me. But this was Josh afterall and if anyone was on my side it would be him. My voice was shaky though and it was close to breaking.

"Come here." He came over, helping me down before putting his hands on my arms. "What's going on?"

"I swear I'm not trying anything." I defended myself first.

"Then why are you hiding out?"

"Devin- He- earlier-" I wasnt sure how to explain or even where to start.

"What happened?" He asked slowly.

"I was in the kitchen, earlier. And-and Devin, he came in.. I didn't think anything untill he asked what I 'do for Chris' and started-" I broke off feeling like I was going to be sick.