Chapter Four

If I hadn't lost count it had been going on two weeks that I had been here and well... I still wanted nothing more than to escape. Granted I hadn't seen a lot of Chris, Josh was always saying that he was busy. But that didn't change the fact that I didn't want to be here.

Two weeks of being confined to one room and only coming out occasionally wasn't exactly ideal. I still hadn't figured out where I was or even how to get out of this place when I had never even seen where a door to the outside world was.

And only getting to see the same handful of people was way past getting old.

How many times could you talk about the same things with a person before getting bored? I was thankful for his effort though nonetheless.. Him being Josh of course.

"You two spend too much time together." Chris complained to Josh.

"What do you expect? I'm all she has here."

"She's fine." Chris rolled his eyes.

"The poor girl would go mad cooped up here if it wasn't for me. Just because you're okay being left alone all the time doesn't mean she can function that way"

"And what do you suppose I do? Play candy land with her? Talk about our feelings? Have a fucking tea party? Shes here for a reason"

"She's not five, moron. And so? Get to know her, let her get comfortable with you. She's suppose to serve you yet she doesn't even know the first thing about you and youre not making a move to fix that." Josh lectured him. Cue Chris rolling his eyes again. Serve? I was here to do what now?

"I don't care if she's comfortable or not. Actually it's probably for the best that she remains scared of me." This caused Josh to laugh.

"Scared? You think she's scared of you? No.. She just hates your guts and I don't blame her. You should do something about it."

"Last time I checked I was the boss around here."

"Bosses are responsible and powerful.. You're being weak and selfish. You can earn my respect once you've gained hers."

I heard Chris call after Josh and then it was silent.

Moment later Chris grumbling under his breath and the door opening caught my attention.

I didnt say anything, I didn't move an inch.. I didn't even look at him. I didn't want to.

He stood there silently for the longest time before finally speaking.

"You should go downstairs and eat something. You've been in here all day."

"So? What do you care?" I snapped. My eyes met his and they were black.

"You know, I don't have to be nice to you. We can play this fucking game but I promise you, you won't win." I crossed my arms and looked away, feeling the bed dip at the end moments later.

"What do you want me to do? Whats it gonna take to make you stop being a pain?"

"Let me go home. I never asked for this! And I. Don't. Like. You." I was fucking up the plan and a part of me was mad at myself for that but I couldnt help it. He laughed, shaking his head.

"It's not that simple and I'm afraid you can't go back. You're here now, get use to it."

I was mad at him the entire day. But when Josh came around we went downstairs and ate together at the table. It was better in his company, even if I still hated being here.

We had been in the middle of a conversation when I heard someone walk in but I couldn't see them as the entrance was behind me. I cut my words off and fell silent.

"It's okay Noe." Josh rested his hand ontop of mine as it lay still and flat on the table top.

"Noe? As in the Noel that I've heard so much about?" A man's voice spoke, making my entire body suddenly feel like ice. As he walked into my view I could see his dark hair and clothes but I kept my eyes down. "I don't bite, doll. It's alright." He chuckled. "My good god, no wonder shes here."

"I'd shut it if I were you." Josh growled, gripping my hand.

"Oh come on. She's not gonna tell a soul.." He trailed off, walking over to me slowly before he was beside me. "Are you?" He asked, head tilted slightly as he stared at me with a threatning gaze. His hand suddenly going to my neck. "Are. You?" I cursed myself as a few tears of fear rolled down my face. I almost prayed he'd just do it, kill me. I felt his other hand on my thigh. "I said!-" his yell was suddenly cut off.

"Say one more word to her, I dare you!" A familiar voice growled. Moments later the guy was thrown off of me. "Touch her again and I'll burn you alive!" He screamed before turning to me. "Come here." He growled. I shakily but quickly got up, going to his side. Shocking myself, I buried my face in his chest, my hands gripping his shirt as his arms hesitantly went around me.

"You're fine Noel." He soothed. "No one's gonna touch you around here. I'll rip them apart." He spoke through clenched teeth.

"Now sit." He spoke after a while. "Finish your food, I'll be in the living room. Josh, don't let anything happen to her." And just like that we were back to hating each other.