Chapter Eight

I stood in what seemed to be some kind of cathedral. The light from the stained glass window lit up the entire place in shades of dark red and orange. It looked like everything was on fire, in an apocalyptic kind of vibe.
With no real light, everything in the place was just black shapes. I wandered around, trying to figure out where I was exactly, and tried to remember how I had gotten here.
In my wandering, I came across a small table against a wall that had a couple of objects on it. I picked up a vase off the table and felt the flowers; dead and dry. They had been here for months, at least. My fingers trailed over a small, empty metal tray as I heard a small sound behind me, causing me to look up. And suddenly, I was staring back at myself. I hadn't noticed the mirror until now that I was looking into it. A shadowy figure in the far side of the room caught my attention in the reflection as I studied it. It's movements seemed to glide across the floor smoothly as it came closer to me. It seemingly grew in size as it moved until it stood in the middle of the room, and I could make out the human-like shape to it. I was frozen in fear, my eyes locked onto this thing, yet I was so curious.
'Curiosity will kill you, Kitten.' The words rang in my mind, making me bite my tongue. Fuck you.
"Hello?" I spoke quietly, my voice shakey. It's like his words and the thought of him gave me some kind of strength. I wanted nothing more than to let my curiosity get the best of me since he had warned me not to. Was it childish to spite him? Perhaps. But it was my decision.
Suddenly, my ears were filled with a loud hissing sound as the silhouette crossed the rest of the room in seconds, making me jump as it appeared inches behind me.
The hissing stopped once it had stopped moving, and now I had the chance to get a closer look. The tall figure had to be over six feet in height and was cloaked in all black, a hood covered its head, and it stared downward, keeping me from getting a look at its face. The robe like cloak was tattered and worn.
The figure moved ever so slowly as it looked up and locked eyes with me in the mirror, I found myself looking into pools of vibrant red. I sucked in a breath, freezing once again.
"Kitten." The voice was as smooth as silk as I studied his face. It resembled cracked porcelain, the lines in shades of gray and black. "Welcome." His devious smile somehow roped me in. This man had never appeared so beautiful.
Despite his broken appearance, I couldn't help but feel a pull to him.
"Where are we?" My voice was almost silent, not sure if I really wanted an answer after all. "How did I get here?"
"You asked for this." He spoke in riddles. Asked for this? I didn't even know what this was. The confusion must've shown on my face, and he continued, "I didn't go through all of the effort of finding you just for other's to think they can try their luck. You're here because you're mine, and you will never be able to belong to another. I'll make sure of it."
His hands reached up and pulled his hood down, revealing a pair of horns that had never been there before.
"This is the only place you can see the true me." He explained. His long, slender fingers reached out for me, causing me to slink back. But we were close, and even with that, he was able to grab me. I hadn't put up enough of a fight.
"Pretty girl." His voice dripped a venomous honey; sickening sweet but so, so deadly. His fingers wrapped around my wrist as he brought my arm up. Then, in one quick motion, he brought his other hand to my wrist and swiftly ran it from my wrist to the inner bend of my arm. The pain shot through my being, causing me to yell out. He released my arm, and as I watched my blood drip to the floor, the sound of a blade ripping through skin once again was heard, making me look up and notice that he too now bled.
He took my arm back in his grip, putting our arms together as the blood mixed and dripped down our arms. My blood sank into his skin as his did the same to mine. A sickening smile was on his face as he seemed captured in the view of our bloody mess.
I watched his eyes flash white so quickly that I had thought I imagined it, and when I looked back down, his skin was perfectly healed as if nothing had ever happened. The only proof was that mine still poured out of my flesh.
He took my arm gently in his grip, bringing it up to his face as he ran his tongue along the wound. The feeling was oddly satisfying as I let my eyes fall shut. They only opened when I no longer felt his touch and as I looked down I noticed that my arm looked like nothing had ever happened, save for a small white line that resembled the shape of a snake.
It was a very unnoticeable scar that you'd easily miss if not looking for it. He placed his lips to the mark, kissing it softly before taking a step back.
In an instant, my head began pounding as the loud hissing noise returned, only this time the hissing turned into a high pitch scream. The kind that wraiths and demons were said to make in hell.
The pounding in my head made me feel light-headed as my focus went in and out.
"You'll be okay, my love." His arms around my body was all I felt as I fell to the ground. As he went down with me I found myself unable to open my eyes, making my sense of touch that much stronger.
I could feel myself lay between his legs, my head resting on his lap as he played with my hair in a soothing way.
A soft humming was heard, becoming more apparent as the shrieks and hisses faded.
The humming soon gained words as Chris sang quietly to me.
"You're okay, kitten." His voice was soft and gentle. His singing continued and worked to lull me into a dreamy state, unable to stay awake.

I woke up in a soft bed, gasping as I felt my surroundings. Opening my eyes, everything was dark since the light was off, but I recognized the silhouettes in the room. Chris' room. I was still in bed.
I took a deep breath of relief as I let myself relax back into the plush mattress. I rolled over onto my side, suddenly feeling sick to my stomach as I spotted a familiar looking item on the floor.
I shakily got out of bed, slowly making my way over and picking up the item. How? How was this possible?
The tattered fabric layed in my hands as I took in a sharp breath.
I felt like I was in a dream. No, a nightmare. There was no way any of this was real. But at this point I felt like I couldn't tell reality from imagination. It had to be my imagination. It just had to be. Right?
Having an idea, I quickly crossed the room, flicking on the light, and holding up my wrist, my eyes fell upon the 'S' shape.
My blood ran cold as my arm fell limp to my side, and my legs gave out under me. I felt ill as I layed on the floor of Chris' room.
What the hell was going on?