Chapter Ten

Confused with everything going on lately, I tried my best to ignore Chris the next day and avoid him.
Josh and I had breakfast together in the morning, playing a video game afterwards in the entertainment room since I knew for sure Chris was in his office. He usually spent hours at a time in there, and I didn't want to be cooped up in my room the entire day, so I took advantage of this time.
Josh beat me at several rounds of Mario Kart, and afterwards, I headed to my room. The timing was unfortunate as Chris was coming out of his office as I headed down the hall. Fuck me and my luck. I kept my head down, pretending I didn't see him as I reached for my door knob.
"Good morning, Noel." Chris' voice spoke. I mumbled a simple 'good morning' back as I walked into my room and started to shut the door. Only a tattooed hand stopped it from closing.
"Mind if we talk?" He asked, shoving in anyway. Yes, I mind! I'm trying to ignore you! But I sighed and quietly sat down, giving him my attention.
"I just wanted to get something straight. While everything I told you yesterday was the truth I don't want you to think it changes anything. You're still here for the same purpose after all, and you don't get any special privileges."
"Got it." I nodded, giving him a weak thumbs up in an attempt to rush the conversation. I didn't care. I really just didn't care. This place wasn't even going to exist soon enough, and at the very least, I was willing to die with my attempt.
"Pretty Kitty." He gave a small smile, leaning down to place his lips to mine. I was so fucking tired of the mood swings. One moment, he was mister nice guy, and the next, he was back to being the same asshole I had known him to be. It was so frustrating. This dude had to have a serious case of bi-polar. As he pulled back from our kiss, the first thing I saw was his arm as it was in front of my view. But more specifically, it was the scar that matched mine. I reached out and gently ran my finger over it. He audibly sucked in a breath at the touch, causing my eyes to shoot to his face to take in his expression. It was soft as he watched me with curious eyes. "Kitten." His voice had a purr to it that pulled me in.
"I'm sorry." I faked concern, trying to figure out why that small action seemed to have an effect on him. "I didn't mean to- does it hurt?"
"No, not at all." His eyes were heavy lidded as he leaned down, staring into mine. "Our link." He said simply. I cocked my head to the side a bit in an attempt to silently tell him that I didn't understand. "Our scars are what links us. Think of it as a contract of sorts. One of blood. It's our weakness in times and our strength in others." He explained. So this was my key? I nodded my head, reaching out and touching his scar again. His hand found its way around my waist, softly making shapes on my skin where my tank top had rode up.
He grabbed my arm gently, bringing it to his face as he pressed his lips to the small S on my flesh. A small noise escaped my lips as my eyes fell shut, the feeling sending chills over my entire body. I felt like my body was in a whole other dimension, and I felt the corners of his lips pull up into a smirk against my skin. It all sent me into a frenzy, and only Chris and I mattered in those moments. I was hyper aware of the sound of his breathing, and my body ached for his hands to be all over it. I grabbed his shoulders, pulling my body closer to his as he stood up from the crouch he had been in. He leaned over me, one of his hands going to the side of my face as he cupped my face and leaned down. Our lips locked, and his other arm rested on my shoulder, applying just enough pressure to give me a mix of pleasure and pain. The feeling drove me insane as I kissed him back with a newfound hunger. I needed this man more than I needed my life. As my nails sank into his skin he growled against my mouth, biting my bottom lip. I found myself letting out a small moan from the action before tasting blood.
The urge to serve him was uncontrollable, and anything else went out the window as I let him take the lead. Not that he hadn't had it before.
As our kiss became heated a knock at the door was heard in the distance, though neither of us cared enough to break apart. The second knock moments later gained more attention from us and the third... Well, the third did nothing besides get under our skin as Chris pulled back with a growl.
"What?! What is it?!" He spoke, going across the room and opening the door in anger.
"My bad, I was just checking in on Noel. It was lunchtime, but just send her to the kitchen whenever you guys are done with.. whatever." Josh's tone was aggravated, letting Chris know that he wasn't just going to take the attitude without giving it back at the least. The door slammed as Chris turned back to me and ran a hand through his hair.
"Its lunchtime. Better not keep your buddy waiting." He rolled his eyes. The attitude towards me was uncalled for an I wasn't going to take it either.
"Why are you mad that someone actually gives a fuck about me around here? And who the fuck do you think you are treating me like that?" My blood boiled and Chris' eyes narrowed at me as he crossed the room, coming back over to stand infront of me.
"Don't act like he's the only one. Everything I've done since you've been here has been for you and your safety. Noel, I know this isn't where you want to be. Fuck, none of us do but dammit I'm trying here."
"Trying?!" I yelled. "You call putting me through all of this bullshit 'trying"
"You don't get it. You'd never even survive around here without me. And being soft will get you killed, raped or taken so excuse me for trying to get you to be tougher. It's only for your best interest." We were now face to face as I stood up, staring him down.
"I don't need your help."
"Fine. Then let's just see what happens when I throw you to the wolves. You'll see." He shook his head to himself as he walked towards the door. "Don't come crying when you realize I was right." He mumbled, exiting the room and slamming the door behind him. I was frozen, left staring at the door and wondering how the fuck that all happened.
Everything was going so good. I played the entire thing over and over in my head, wondering where I went wrong or if it was even my fault.
But I guess it didn't matter since now I had the answer.
I was done playing these games.