Chapter 144(Part 1)

"Make sure you don't make Kayla angry. You will have to use that time to plead with her."She looked at him.
"You must do whatever it takes to get her back."

With that she sighed."I want my brother back. Don't let her soften that heart of yours."

*********

Kayla paced up and down thinking about the conversation she had with Leila and it saddened her a bit and that created a lump in her throat.

She closed her eyes to gain some peace at least and touched her throat.

She began seeing the moments she had had with Ezra,from the first time she had met him to all the adventures they had gone together.
Why did it all have to appear in her mind? She asked herself. Was  it because of what Leila was going through or was it because she too found it hard to move on without Ezra around?

Quickly,with those questions I'm mind,she opened her eyes and took a glimpse of her necklace...or so she thought.

"This......this. And where did you come from?"

That was when she began picking up the pieces.

"Ezra..."

********

"It's over. Everything is over."Leinali told herself as she watched the paintings on the walls."Edgar is dead and the book is safe with me again."

She walked around until he eyes fell on the picture if her sister and Zenith's father."Your son will be king tomorrow. He will be the overall ruler of Getra and this world. If only  you were here..."A tear then left her eyes."I couldn't stop you. I couldn't stop you from taking Zeal to the second realm. I should have done something about it. You would have been here and alive to see your son succeed you."

She couldn't bear it. She couldn't bear the fact that her sister was at the bridge of death and she, Leinali was not able to save her and that was the burden on her.

"I. I should have been the one. It should have been me."She cried."I have lived so long and seen what I had to see. I should have given you the chance to be with Zenith and see him grow. I should have......been there for you."

"It's okay Leinali."Exes interrupted."We didn't expect this to happen. Fate wasn't fair to us. It was her dream to see Zenith succeed the throne of Getra and wherever she is,she will be present....with her son. Whatever she did,she did it for Zenith. If she hadn't had done that, Zenith wouldn't have made it."

"You're right Exes."She told him."She took her own husband to the second realm to protect Zenith. If she hadn't met that human....If she hadn't met Azure, she would have still been alive with her first son with Zeal."

"But Zeal had wanted to kill Zenith the moment he was born. Zeal was a draconic-demon...a psycho type. And a hybrid."He sighed."Let's face tomorrow."

"Yes Exes. Tomorrow will be the dawn of a new era."
She said looking serious.

"Now let me wipe those tears from your eyes."

"I'm not a mortal."And with that she held his hand and shifted it aside without giving him a chance to touch her tears.

Without wasting much time, Leinali vanished.

"When will you let it go." Exes asked pitifully.