Chapter 55

FRANCE POV

Kagat labi, halos hirap ng huminga, nakakuyom ang kamay at pinipigilan ang sarili na matawa sa tension na nangyayari.

In that moment, surrounded by the echoes of my heart's joy and the palpable tension in the room, Amora by my side, I faced Mommy Aya and Mama Laura.

The announcement of our engagement had unraveled a complex tapestry of emotions, and I felt the weight of their concerns pressing against the elation that had led us to this point.

Taking a deep breath, I began, "Mom, Mama, I know this might be surprising, but Amora and I didn't plan to drop this bombshell without reason. Our love has deepened, and we wanted to share our commitment with you both."

As I began to articulate the reasons behind our sudden revelation, every word carried the depth of my love for Amora.

I longed for Mommy Aya and Mama Laura to grasp the authenticity of our connection, to see beyond the abruptness of the announcement and understand the profound commitment we shared.

Anticipation and anxiety intertwined within me, like a delicate dance between hope and fear. I yearned for more than just their acknowledgment; I craved their acceptance and support.

Mommy Aya, her expression a mix of concern and surprise, responded, "France, we want the best for you. But an engagement announcement out of the blue worries us. What's the rush?"

Bakas sa kaniyang mukha ang inis, hindi saakin kundi naka diretsong tuon kay Amora.

Hanggang ngayon paba eh galit parin siya kay Amora?

Amora chimed in, "We understand this might seem sudden, but our decision comes from a place of genuine connection and commitment. We've been through a lot together, and we believe in our future."

Mama Laura, thoughtful, added, "It's just unexpected, and we're caught off guard. We want to understand more about your intentions and plans."

I nodded, "We're not rushing into anything without thought. Our love has grown, and we envision building a life together. We hope for your understanding and support as we navigate this journey."

Each sentence I uttered was a plea for comprehension, a bridge attempting to span the emotional gap that had unexpectedly emerged within our family.

In that vulnerable moment, my gaze met theirs, and I saw a myriad of emotions reflected back – concern, surprise, and perhaps a glimmer of understanding.

Mommy Aya's gaze softened, her eyes reflecting a mix of concern and a mother's love. After a moment of silence, she spoke.

"France, anak, we want nothing but your happiness. Pero itong biglaang balita, it took us by surprise. Paano ba nangyari ito? Ano ang mga dahilan at plano niyo? Gusto namin maintindihan, at alam mo na mahal ka namin."

Feeling the weight of her words, I took a deep breath.

"Mommy Aya, alam naming biglaan ito, pero hindi ito nag-umpisa nang hindi pinag-isipan. Amora and I have shared our dreams, fears, and aspirations. This decision is a culmination of our love and commitment to building a life together. Gusto namin na maging bahagi kayo ng aming journey at maintindihan niyo ang mga dahilan."

Mama Laura nodded in agreement, adding, "We just want to be sure, anak. We didn't seen you grow so we want to make sure this step is well-thought-out. Can you give us more insight into your plans and how you see your future together?"

As we continued the conversation, emotions flowed freely, creating a space for understanding to blossom amid the initial shock.

Each word became a step towards bridging the gap between our joy and their concerns.