5. Sophie's POV

"What?! T-that's not possible! J-J-Jolie's dead!" Sophie stammered, trying to find something, anything to prove Elysian wrong. Jolie was dead. Right?

"If you must know, I erased Jolie's memory when she was old enough for me to use her to further infiltrate the Black Swan. She currently lives on the other side of the world, with no idea that she's an elf. She will never find out either. I did the same thing for Emma Foster, Lady Dara, and Councilor Alina. When they were in a position of power or the prime age for me to replace them, I did. It was more simple than I expected, then it was time for the Neverseen and the Black Swan to run their course. I let them run amok and ruin themselves. Everything led to right here, right now, in this moment. The moment where I reveal that I am behind it all, and the moment that you realize you've been played."

Sophie struggled to form any coherent words. Her friends didn't look to be doing much better.

"B-but why? Why all this? All of this planning, scheming, waiting, hurting, all of it. It isn't worth it." She finally got out.

"That's where you're mistaken, young prodigy. You really can't figure it out? Do you remember, as a child, how I would tell you about the atrocities that humans were doing, and how humans were polluting the Earth and needed to be stopped? I still hold those beliefs today. And do you recall someone telling you about the proposed plans to build a Sanctuary for a particularly annoying intelligent species? If I remember correctly, it gained quite a lot of followers, that plan. So really, do you not know how I want to take over the world?"

"No." Biana said, followed by a string of curse words that would most definitely get her in trouble.

"Oh yes, my friend. I want to build a Human Sanctuary."

ok, but if a Human Sanctuary actually happened IRL, it would be devastating, to all of humanity. And I leave u with that slightly depressing thought.