seven

After getting to the apartment, I was able to walk myself with Jack close behind me. Man, was I regretting what I did tonight. I really need to control my liquor intake.

"Are you staying?" Trevor asks Jack as we get inside.

"If that's okay, yeah." He says putting his and my things on the kitchen counter.

"Sounds good. I'll see you two in the morning, I'm slumped. Goodnight." Trev yawns as he enters his room.

"Night Trev." I say along with Jack. "I'm guessing you have clothes here?" I ask Jack as we are the only ones in the kitchen.

"Yeah, are you going to be okay?" He asks leaning against the counter.

"For sure, you can use my bathroom if you need to. You can also have my bed, I don't mind sleeping on the couch. You need a good rest for your game tomorrow." I chuckle slightly.

"I'll take you up on the bathroom, but you can go first. I'll take the couch, thank you though." He smiles.

"I'm going to get a shower real quick. Then it's all yours. Please just take my bed."

"I'll think about it. Go shower, you stink." he jokes.

"Yeah, I know." I laugh, playing along.

I'm soon off to the bathroom, showering whatever disgusting stuff I have on me. I start thinking how much that boy cares for me. We've been friends since forever and I don't want to ruin anything by having feelings for him. If there was something there, it would've happened by now, right? Wrong? My mind is like a treadmill, it won't stop going on about him.

My thoughts were soon interrupted with a knock on the bathroom door. "Hey, you've been in there for like an hour. You okay?" I hear Jack's concerned voice again.

"Yeah, sorry. One sec!" I look at the time on my phone and it was an hour I've been in here. Wow, the time goes by quick when you're thinking hard I guess.

"Take your time, just checking in on you."

I jump out of the shower, brush my teeth and put on an oversized t-shirt. I clean up what mess I made and clipped my hair up.

Walking out of the bathroom, Jack was sitting on my bed playing on his phone. "All yours, sorry I took so long." I nervously hand him a new towel and he takes a second to look at me and take in that I was basically just wearing a shirt causing my cheeks to heat up.

"Quit apologizing, you are totally fine. As long as you're okay, I'm okay." He assures me, taking the towel from my hand.

"I might have a risky question.." I say before he goes to the bathroom.

"And what would that be?" He questions, turning around to look at me.

"Would you want to maybe lay with me? Then we could both get a good nights sleep?" I suggest, immediately regretting it until I see a smile on his face.

"I'm good with that. Not risky at all unless your brother freaks out." He says making a point.

"We are both grown ass adults. I can have whoever I'd like in my bed." I laugh.

"Not wrong there, I'll be out in a sec." He says entering the bathroom, closing the door. I couldn't help but mentally slap myself.

What am I thinking? This is just going to make my feelings worse. I don't know how to work with my feelings right now, even after I had a moment with Vince.

Oh my gosh, Vince. I forgot about him just like I did with Jack when I was with him. I still have to go to his game next weekend. Gosh, am I dumb? I need to figure my feelings out before I start hurting the ones that truly matter to me. I mean I've only known Vince for a little because of hockey and then seeing him at the bar. I've known Jack way longer and have such more of a connection with him.

I really couldn't see myself with anyone else except Jack, well that's what I thought for at least a few years now but thought it would never happen. But it could, and I could be ruining it.

Just like that, time flies again and Jack was out of the bathroom but I was already cozied up in my bed. I scoot over to make room for Jack as he slides under the covers right next to me.

For some reason this didn't feel awkward for me, it felt somewhat right.

"Hopefully I didn't take up all the hot water." I said breaking the silence.

"You definitely didn't, but I think I did." He chuckles. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asks, sensing something is off.

"Yeah, just in my own head about things. We can talk about it later." I smile trying to move on.

"Okay, try to get some rest. Goodnight Blake." He says facing away from me.

"You too, goodnight J." I say now facing my back towards his.

For some reason I could not get comfortable. I kept tossing and turning until I felt an arm snake around my waist. I was soon pulled into Jack's arms. I immediately felt comfortable.

"Better?" He whispers.

"A lot better, thank you." I say knowing my cheeks were currently on fire.

"Of course, goodnight." He tucks his head into the crook of my neck making my cheeks burn even more, and butterflies go all around my stomach.

"Goodnight." I smile once more before I shut my eyes and drift asleep.

˚₊‧ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

A/n 🫂:

double update today!! currently watching the devils game and they are in overtime. hoping they win.