twelve

"Fuck!"

I'm scared awake to a shout and the sound of glass breaking. I jolt up looking to see Jack wasn't next to me. I assume the noise was from the kitchen, so I rush out and see Jack rubbing his head out of anger.

"Hey. What happened?" I ask going up to him but he stops me.

"Please, watch your feet there's glass everywhere. I'm sorry I woke you up." He sighs, trying to clean the glass up.

"Hey, it's okay. I'll clean this up, go lay down. What did you need, I'll bring it to you." I place my hand on his arm allowing him to stop.

"Just be careful please. I just wanted some water and something for my head."

"I got it, go rest okay?" I give him a quick smile, placing a kiss on his cheek. He seemed extremely tired and out of it but I could see he was in pain.

"Thank you." He says apologizing once more before he goes off into the dark. I felt for him, I really did.

I swept up the rest of the glass, throwing it away. I grab a new glass, filling it with water. Placing it down, I grab the right amount of his prescription for his headaches and head back to his room.

When I went back in he looked up to me, I handed him his water and pills. "Do you need anything else right now?" I ask before laying back down.

"I'm good for now, thank you. I didn't mean to wake you." He says feeling guilty.

"Jack, you could wake me up a million times and I wouldn't be mad. Next time, ask me to get it." I rub his arm to comfort him again which seems to calm him down instantly. "Come here."

He scoots closer to me, placing his head on my chest, and an arm around my waist. I run my hands through his beautiful brown hair waiting for his breaths to slow.

I lean my head back, looking to my phone to see it was 2am. I don't think I'll be falling asleep anytime soon. Once I'm up, I usually stay up. Then I'll sleep throughout the day.

I look around on instagram to see all about Jack's injury. His fans were rooting for him and hoping for a fast recovery. I kept seeing the video of him getting hurt and it broke me every time. Some of the hate comments got to me too even though it wasn't me getting hurt. The audacity of people made me pissed.

This might be bad to say but I feel like if I was in hockey now, not a lot of people would take it well. Plus, it would be my brother over me. Meaning, my brother would always have the spotlight, not so much me. Even though a woman in hockey is pretty badass, he would out do me without even trying. plus, I'm definitely a bit rusty. I haven't skated in years. I just can't bring myself to it.

The first time I met Jack was at the ice skating rink with Trevor. I went to surprise Trevor at his game and got to meet him for the first time. It feels like such a long time. I never got to really meet Trevor's friends, but he also didn't meet a lot of mine because we kept that separate from each other. Jealousy was a thing between us that's for sure.

*flashback*

"Blake! Oh my god!" Trevor yelled as he seen me at the entrance of the rink. He came skating over as fast as he could, almost falling which made me chuckle.

"Careful!" I shout as he bear hugs me.

"I didn't think you'd come!" He pulls away with the biggest smile on his face. "Jack! Jack come here!" He yells to what I assume is his friend.

"What's up, oh hi! You must be Blake." The brown haired boy said. He had the prettiest eyes you've ever seen. His hair was long, and perfect.

"Hi, I didn't know this one talked about me." I say glaring at Trevor.

"You're my sister, dipshit. I always have something to say about you." He says making me roll my eyes.

"I heard you guys were just out here skating around, the games tomorrow right?" I ask the two.

"Yeah, just to catch up. Then I'm going to beat his ass tomorrow." Jack says confidently.

"I'm guessing you play for the devils then?" I point to the Ducks vs Devils sign.

"Yes ma'am." He smiles proudly.

"This guy has nothing on me." Trevor playfully shoves him.

"Yeah yeah, sure. We'll see about that. Do you want to come skate with us?" Jack shyly asks as my brother shoots me a concerned look.

"Maybe next time! I'll sit back and watch." I shoot a smile at the two. "Go on, I'll be here when you get back Trev. Maybe get to know this one more." I point to Jack.

"Sounds good to me!" Trev grins, pulling Jack back onto the ice but I overheard part of what Jack said.

"She's really cute" but before he said anything else Trevor shoved him making him fall on his ass. I couldn't help but bust out laughing and the poor boy looking embarrassed, but Trevor helped him back up as the two skated along.

*end flashback*

Looking back at my phone, it was now 4am. Man, where does the time go when I'm thinking. Maybe I should try and sleep a little bit. I look down to see Jack still sleeping in the same spot he was. His grip was a little more tightened on me but I was okay with that.

Placing my phone down, I close my eyes soon drifting off to sleep.

˚₊‧ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

A/n 🫂:

that stadium game was insane. 6 goals is amazing. proud of the boys! sorry if the writing is weird, im still trying to get over writers block. i'll probably go back and edit some stuff but not majorly!

have a good day!!!