5

The dim lights of Kamino Ward illuminated in the darkness. The rusty metal of the staircase made screeching sounds as you made your way up to the bar. It was a secluded spot, owned by some of the people who got to really know you.

You pushed the door open, without even bothering to knock and sat on one of the stool chairs up front. The mysterious bartender was nowhere to be seen so you leaned your head and waited for him. His footsteps echoed from the back of the storage room as he trudged to his usual spot. When his gleaming bright eyes landed on you, he froze in place.

"You," the man said.

"Yeah. Long time no see, Kurogiri."

"You know what we've discussed. The next time you'd be coming here would be..."

"Yes, but I didn't come for that. You know Sairo is dead so I can't. I'm just here to gather info. That's what I can do for now."

He patted your head." The usual?"

"Yeah. That'd be great." He turned and brought the round glass and poured a drink in it.

"It's a surprise you used to drink at 15."

"That's the least of the shit I pulled up."

The silence engulfed both of you as you drunk the sweet white wine.

"Where are the boys?" you asked.

"Shigaraki is out on business and he is meeting a friend. Twice went out with a new girl that joined us last year and Compress is lounging in the back."

"I see. I wanted to talk to him, see if he was willing to go through some stuff with me. Shigaraki, we have our differences, but he's right. I was and am naive." Your brain started feeling fuzzy from the drink. "Wait a sec. You said he was out to meet a friend. Who exactly is that friend?"

Kurogiri's phone buzzed from the counter and he picked it up and face palmed.

"This idiot."

"Show me." He turned the phone to you and you could've deafened the man if he had any ears.

"What THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!!!!"

"Who's cursing at a time like this?" Compress walked to the bar and saw you. "Oh... It's you. I missed you!" He was purely joyous to see you and lunged at you for a hug, but your feet rose and swiped the floor with his face.

(Check the pic up there to know what she saw.😚🙂)

"I come here all the way looking for him and he goes out and fucks with that garbage?!"

You snatched the phone from his hand and flew out of the bar.

I'm gonna finish you off, Dabi.

Hawks' PoV

After you went back to Tokyo, he spent the whole time looking into your past. He flipped through the resources of The Commission and found out quite little to satisfy his needs.

"Let's see, her real name, code name, age, gender, criminal record, isn't there anything else?!"

If he wouldn't get info here, then he knew where to look.

The dark alleys were places for normal, easy villains and the tough ones would be on constant move.

He dropped onto a specific roof to hear his voice behind him.

"Would you look at that? Hawks in the flesh."

"Sup, Dabi. It's really been far too long."

"Oh, stop with the flattery. Whaddya want?" His once friendly demeanor changed into a serious one.