7

"Get back here!" you yelled. "Stop running like the coward you are and face me!"

"That's so bold from a murderer!"

"You of all people have no right to call me that!" 

While you were in the middle of chasing the rabbit hero, Hawks was busy trying to stop both of you. He had no idea of the bad blood between you, but he sure as hell ain't letting anyone die.

Mirko bounced from one of the walls and aimed a kick to your face, but you dodged by a landslide which resulted in a cut on your face. You, on he other hand, mercilessly sent feathers at her which managed to land some good hits. If it came to strength, she was nowhere near you, but the house structure gave her a major advantage.

You were sick of her and sent your feathers in a swirling motion which pinned her to the wall. You launched at her to take her out, but instead were faced with Hawks' blade.

"Get out of my way," you ordered firmly.

"(Y/n), I have no idea what's going on here, but we'll find another way to resolve this so I need you to calm the hell down! I have no choice but to arrest you if you keep going!"

"You don't know anything, Hawks! This is non of your business so stay out of it!" You deflected his blade and ran for Mirko, but she slipped out of your trap.

You were fuming and your quirk acted up and stabbed her in her leg and she fell on the ground. Her quirk stopped working and she was wide open.

"Rumi!" You were sure you had her then before you stopped moving. That look she gave you was the same look Maki gave you in her dying moment.

A strong, fearless, confident face.

God, how awful you felt. The only thing that was removing your guiltiness was those ruby eyes of hers, different from the deep blue ones of your friend. Your blade stopped at her neck.

"Ma...ki..." You ran out of the apartment with thoughts filling your head. The only place that got you was the sky.

Hawks' PoV

"Mirko, what's with you two?" he asked

After a small flight, you got back to the apartment she was staying in. You didn't want to get in at all costs so you sat in the rooftop, tucking your knees to your chest. You never wanted to see her again so why did it have to be like this? You felt like you were throwing a tantrum, but at least you didn't say anything. Your feathers shook, sensing vibrations on the building.

"Tweets," she called.

"Don't call me that."

"I'm sorry." Your eyes shot at her with absolute fury.

"Sorry? Sorry?! Why would I buy your shit now? And guess what? You're 6 years late."

She sighed and sat next to you. You had every intention to shove her from the building, but you didn't want to be accused of assault on a hero.

"I get that. I get that I'm late.