chapter 3

Pov: josh

Marriage wasn't anywhere in my plans but nowadays nothing's new in my life . I wake up in the morning, go to office, work , return to home , sleep. Repeat.
The boredom of repeatation. Especially in the past two years.

It's not that I hate my work . I love my job.
I loves what I do.
When parents told about this marriage proposal, i had so many thoughts like you know ,marrying a man will be a huge topic in society .
I came out when I was in college, my parents were very supportive. They were literally there for me when i needed them the most .
These much years they didn't interfered in my love life but the last few months my mother doesn't forget to remind me about the marriage .
When she mentioned about a marriage proposal i never thought it would be Rowan toms.
Actually I haven't know that he was into guys. He's quite famous in corporate world not only just because he's successfull but also the way he looks.

He didn't talked that much in cafe.
I don't know Maybe he's not that talkative. Actually i admires him with all my heart as a successful business man but marriage is something else, right.
They says arrange marriage has a surprising element. To know about a new person and eventually fall in love.

Suddenly my phone started to ring and it's screen shows my beloved friend's name Steve.
"How was the date, man." Steve yelled from the other end of the phone.
"Hallo to you too" i sarcastically said.
"Hey, tell me man". He insists.
"Tell you what?" I dont have much friends but he were the part of my core memories of my youth.
"How was the date, how he looks, is he hot?". We all have that one friend who is more interested in their friends lovelife than their's. Here is my that kinda friend.
"First of all it was not a date. "
"You always says this, you never introduced any of your past lover"
I can see his sulking face even I'm far from him.
"Because I haven't had any kinda serious relationship."
"Hmm hmmm but now you has one, come to my place I nee every single details."
He hung up with that. This guy.i put my phone aside.

I'm still not fully convinced with the idea of getting married.
Anyway I turned my car's steering wheel to the left direction.
~~~~~~~~~~

When i reached my home it already passed 11.00 clock. But my parents are sitting in the dining room. Which is not a common thing.
They both looked at my direction when they heard my foot steps sound.
"What are you doing at this time?"
I checked my wrist watch and asked.
"We were waiting for you. Take a seat"
He patted a chair next to him.
I seated and looked at mother face.
"Yess.. go ahead. Is there anything important?". "Yeah how was the date?"
Ohh God not again . I just completed a presentation at Steve's house.
And really annoyed by his marriage lecture."really you two stayed up for this." I shaked my head in a disbelief and chuckled.
"Ohh what's so wrong with that? We need to know about our future son in law?and our son liked him or not ? And...-" " it's enough no more' Ands' "
I interprets his question.
"The date was ok. We met ,had a hot chocolate and had some small talk. Yeah that's it"
"Look, josh . You don't have to get married just because we said. When this proposal came we thought just like any other parents think. To see our son got married and have a family. That's it. So don't feel like we are pressuring you to get married it's your life . Take your time." My mother hold my two hands and smiled at me.
"I never had a feeling that you are pressuring me, okay. You know what,You guys are the best ." Their lips curved upwards. "And about the marriage."
"How was he?" My father eagerly asked . " Hmm he was good and
Not that talkative but well mannered and when i said we can ask to postponed the wedding date he was really upset and said not to change the date." "Really,thats a bit strange. Why they want the wedding this soon.?" My mother drowned to her thoughts.
"Maybe, they don't want to miss a man like me. You know I'm a rare piece."
I winked at my mother. "Ohh i forgot about that point ". My mother also said with that same sarcastically tone as me.
My father chucked and turned to my said and asked. "So what's your final decision?"
"Yeah I'm ready to get married to mr Rowan toms."

.............................

Hey guys is it boring? I know my language is not that good please adjust guyss.
And I'm writing this just because of pure desire to write something in English even though I know I'm sucks with this.