chapter 9

POV: Rowan

Three months went by a eye blink but the arguments and fights are a common thing in between us. It's like we can skip a meal in a day but not a fight.
To be honest ,I'm not intentionally picking a fight with him but it's happens. Look, it's not that I like him or I feels bad for him. I don't want to see his face even we are fighting.
Nevertheless we have got atleast one reason to argue, today's issue is 'why he put his file with mine?'.

"You have a room , don't you? Then why the heck you are mixing up your things with mine?" I pointed my finger towards him and yells.

" I didn't do anything" he snapped out.

" Ofcourse. Your files has legs and they got bored to sit on the same spot so they walked to room and sat on my shelf by themselves , Right?" I glared at him.

" Aww ,your are so intelligent." He painted a fake smile.

" Look, this is not a joke. What if I accidentally took your file and went to office?there are chances to lose investments in my company" My blood starts to boiling. Why he is so unserious!
"Sounds like your problem" ohh my fucking god I can't anymore. His bloody attitude.

"Go to hell" i hissed

"If you are not there then it's heaven for me." He turned his face to another side.
It's over. I can't tolerate this bitch anymore. I don't care what my mother would think or my status. Simply I can't do this, i can't be with him anymore. I hate him to my core

"get out from here , i don't want to see your face ever." My anger spreads to my toes to head.
"me neither, what you expect I'm dying to stay with you. I would happily lives with a chimpanzee rather than with you." With that he stormed out of my room. Why the hack he compared me to a chimpanzee.
I followed him to our hall

" please don't ever come back ". I requested

"Don't worry atleast we do have a same opinion on one thing that we never wanna see each other's face ever again." He continues to yell when my ears got attention of a lady's voice which was coming from the tv

"Breaking news, today onwards our country is going for a complete lockdown for next two months, because of the heck in the number of COVID cases in the country . Be safe in your home."
"What the fuck!!" we said it in an unison .

In everything and everyone has only one thing to say ' COVID 19'. Can't open television or phone in everything the new is about the pandemic which have all over the world.
" So we can't leave this house for two months." After a long stretch of silence josh said .
" Hmm" i hummed. I don't know how I'm gonna tolerate this guy for two months.
I rolls up my white shirt sleeves.

"Hello" josh took his phone which got to start singing his favourite band's song.
I can clearly see the expression on his face turning dim. What would be the another person saying to him.thats not your business idiot. He cuts the call and turned towards me with a unreadable expression.

"What?" I said in an annoying tone.

" Do you know how to cook?"

"What? Why ?are you gonna take me to any cookery show ?" Why so sudden he wants to know my cooking skills .

" Do you know it or not ?" He emphasised the last word and sat on the couch.

" No" i said.

" Nice....me neither." On the first place why the hell we have to know cooking .

" Care to explain?" I don't have the energy to argue with him right now so i simply asked.

" The maid called, she won't come from today onwards so we have to cook and clean." Wonderful, ohh god what have I had did to suffer like this.

" Won't we get another one then?." I know I'm speaking stupidity but what else I can do .

" Are you dumb, haven't you heard the instructions which government published." His face got red.

" So what we gonna do?" I can't able to come up with anything. My mind is totally blank.

" Nothing much just starve and die....Oh my god i want food." He covered his face with his both palms.

"Look , i know how to make coffee" i said slowly.doesn't it count as cooking.

" Oh great, Mr.chef"

" Josh , what's your problem? You are acting like I said you to not to eat or something." Why he is raising at me.

" Because i didn't ate anything since yesterday night and now I'm starving." I can feel his anger.

" who told you not to? And if you haven't ate yesterday's your portion will be there in the fridge." I pointed towards the fridge in our kitchen.

"No, yesterday i told her not to make dinner for me ."
"Great! " I don't know how we gonna live this two months in this apartment but I clearly know one thing that this two months gonna be so long.

"Come, there are eggs in the kitchen we can make some omlette with them " I gets up from the couch and walks towards the kitchen.

" You said you don't know how to cook! " josh said in total confusion.

"Omlette is not a rocket science." Like I said I don't know how to cook but maybe i can survive with my kitchen experience without starving to death.
I made two double omlette meanwhile josh josh coffee for us. Us these two letters feels so bitter in my mouth . Whatever.

I studied in a boarding school, sometimes we used to make omlette in our room with our limited resources

I studied in a boarding school, sometimes we used to make omlette in our room with our limited resources. That was fun actually.

We sat in a comfort silence in dining table.
"Hmmm.... Not bad" the man who sitting across me said while eating.

"Don't expect this daily. Learn to do something for yourself. By the way coffee is not good." Actually coffee was okay but yeah I don't wanna admit it.

"Don't drink it then. And about cooking, look mister there are YouTube channel and videos are available in social media then why should I worry. It's just a piece of cake. I know how to handle it."

"Okay. Let's see"

don't forget to vote ❤️