chapter 4

Pov: Rowan

            I stares at my own reflection on the plan mirror in groom's dressing room. My reflection also stared back at me with the same or more intense.
And asking endless questions.

Suddenly the room's door opened and my mother appeared like a judge in a reality show or something.
"Ohh. You looks handsome Rowan, this colour really suits you." She said while caring my hands. " Why your face looks of dull, what's wrong?, are you alright? Have you had food? Do you wanna sit? Should I call the doctor?"
Yeah This is my mother. She is always ready to assume things.and don't give you a second to understand what's happening around you. The ball will be always in her court.
"I'm perfectly fine mother" i backed away from her and sits on the sofa in the corner of the dressing room.
"Every thing is fine right?" I asked, when she  sat next to me."Every thing is perfect. It's my son's wedding right. Do you think that i will arrange anything less than perfect?"
She laughed but i can't find any humour in it. "Are you happy mother?"
"Ofcourse, my son is getting married!."
"Cool." I fiddles with my fingers.
"Rowan."
"Hmmmm"i hummed
"Look at me.  Aren't you happy with this marriage?" She asked with a disbelief tone.
"If you are happy,I'm also happy mother."
I avoid my eyes contact and continues to play with my fingers.
"What! That's not my question? I can't find a reason why you don't like this marriage cause it's really beneficial to your career and our company. You must be happy in all ways"
I cursed myself for forgetting that it's all a business. Yeah my mother doesn't even know about that there's so many things that much more than a financial career. Marriage is something created to be with trust and love.
Luckily I don't have either of them.

"Rowan, don't be stubborn." Ofcourse,
Now I'm the victim." Yeah, mother.
I got it ." I got up from the sofa and walked towards the mirror and pretends like arranging my tie.
"Rowan, remember you are the face of our company and its future ."
This dialogue caused me to find a old worst memory from my school days.

Flash back

  "Rowan, Mr Thomas told ,you have a phone so come to the office room." One of my hostel mate  said. He is holding a Spiderman toy. "Okay, are you coming with me?" I got up from my bed. "Yes, i also have to go to the office."
Today was fifth grade's culture program. Everybody's parents came expect mine.
"Look rowan my father brought this , it's so cool, right " he showed me his toy  . "Yeah it's nice."
We reached our office room. A man at the office counter handled over a phone to me. "Hello" only mother can call me . To be honest I hate this hostel and school but mother told me here is where good kids students.
"Hello my champ, how are you?"
"I'm fine." "I'm really really sorry my kid. I couldn't make it. I got in to a last minute urgent case." She softly said.
"It's okay mother. Today I sang a song ." I proudly said.
"Oh my god. Wonderful." "And mother, ther-" "yes will be there in a second, you may leave... Ohh Rowan. I will call you next week. Bye take care." "Hello!" she is gone.
That day I realised the most important thing in my family is business. Business is the thing that connects us.

Flash back ends

"How did they agreed to this marriage."i randomly asked. "What do you mean? Ofcourse they liked you so much." My mother proudly said.
"And you know even you have any problem in marriage . I have plans .we can withdraw our project with them it will cause them a huge loss may be became bankruptcy. So don't worry if you have any problem ,tell me. I can solve it...okay!. " she said like she done something huge for me." Then I'm heading to the altar.
"You take your time." She left me with  big question marks usually.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I steps out from my room and started to walk towards to room that was opposite at mine. I can hear laughs from inside. I softly knocked on the door. After two seconds , a tall and thin man opened the door. I scanned inside and  caught the man who is gonna my husband in less the twenty minutes.
"Hey man . You need anything?" The tall and thin man said while opening the door fully. I focus my eyes on josh and said "I need a moment with my finance. It would be nice if guys give us some privacy."
"Ohh ok ok." A guy  get up from the sofa and said. They both left.
I closed the door behind me.
"What's the matter?" My finance asked eagerly.he was wearing the same colour suit as mine.and it's looks nice on him. Whatever."Sit there " I made him sit on the sofa and i dragged a chair infront of him and sat there.

" Before we get married i want to say something to you. "" What?" He questioned . " Wait, I'm saying. Since we are getting married we should be honest with each other, right. So i need to share some truth with you." He remained silent.
" This marriage is nothing more a business deal."

Will be continued......