Hope

Yayy. Double updates.

The school year was coming to an end but for the the 12th graders the annoying phase of high school was coming to an end and they couldn't be happier.

But some can't help but remember Khalid's song Young, Dumb, Broke song as they feel chills running up and down their bodies soon going to face the outside world as adults and they didn't feel prepared as of yet.

Alessia smiled with tears in her eyes as she read the letter once more trying to still see if she was in fact, not dreaming.

SCHOLARSHIP ACCEPTANCE LETTER

She covered her mouth with happiness and was soon engulfed in a hug by Akua.

"You did it." Akua whispered.

"I did it." Alessia whispered back.

She'll never forget when Mr Brooks had encouraged her to take part in the scholarship program, which is if the participants were eligible their SAT results would be evaluated and Alessia doubting her capabilities just a little bit hadn't really hoped much in case of disappointment.

But all her hardwork, all the Brooks support, all her grandmother's love, had not been in vain.

She was just beginning her step to be great.

As Mr Brooks had told her grandmother a few months ago, they were just a stepping stone, it was all up to her

As she couldn't be more grateful.

She, along with a batch mates, had completed school just a month ago and graduation was in a few weeks, but she didn't care. All she cared was that she's proving her worth.

Carl handed his cell phone to Alessia saying Ingrid was on the phone.

"Well?" Ingrid began impatiently and all Alessia did was smile even though she knew she couldn't see her.

"You got it didn't you?" Ingrid said smugly.

"Wait old woman how did you know?" Alessia asked in surprise. Did Mr Brooks already tell her?

"You're my grandchild. Of course I know you've passed you brat." Ingrid exclaimed in delight.

Alessia just chuckled at her exaggeration. She was so happy.

They talk to each other on the phone for a while before she finally gave the phone back to Mr Brooks telling him that her grandmother would like to speak to him.

She placed the letter neatly in a brown file telling Carl and his wife that she needed to get to her house because her mom kept pestering her about her going over to a boy's house to whore over and she didn't need her to ruin her reputation.

Not that she cared but she could pose a problem to the couple who have been nothing but caring and supportive and she didn't need to add this problem to their life.

"Are you sure you'll be okay dear. I just don't like the thought of you going  back to those people." Akua said cupping Alessia's cheek in worry.

Alessia placed her hand over hers and smiled a bit reassuringly.

"I'll be fine."

And that's how she found herself in the house she hadn't called home in years, placing the file on her bed before heading to the shower.

-----

Angel sat in her room in deep thought, perching on her sofa like some queen sighing frustratingly to herself.

She kept thinking about Alessia, how she seemed to be doing better than before, but not quite as okay as she used to be before Ryan broke her.

Ah yes. That very thought brought a happy smile to her face, the image of the look of despair on Alessia's face when he told her he didn't love her made her giddy.

Her plan was so thought out and perfect, having given her dear sister a false sense of security before she felt like playing with her a little.

Angel remembered when she blocked Alessia on Ryan's phone before accidentally dropping his phone on the road for a car to run over it, but not before disconnection his service.

Seeing the worried expression on her sister's face, knowing she wouldn't suspect the only person who she thought was on her side, cleared all the boredom she's been having by nonchalantly looking at the sickening display of affection they were both emitting.

And dearest Wendy played her part really well.

Oh how fun that was.

But now, she saw a little light enter her sister's eyes whenever she came back home, which was barely, still suspecting she's now seeing someone different but again dismissing the thought because she made sure her heart was crushed.

But that didn't stop the confusion in her mind.

She hated feeling this way.

Especially because of her dear sister.

She decided to do a little snooping around of her own, determined to find anything, anything at all to use against her sister.

Hearing the shower running Angel entered Alessia's room looking around for anything at all when her eyes finally landed on the file on the table.

Smirking a bit in victory she tore open the file and removed the letter inside, and upon reading it's content her smirk quickly disappeared and a look of fury took over.

No!

No. No. No.

This wasn't suppose to happen.

No!

How could this be?

Angel wanted to tear the letter into pieces, her heart filled with rage.

She left her sister alone for some months and she got a scholarship?!

No, she won't let her have this advantage over her, she won't.

Suddenly an idea formed in that wicked brain of hers and a smile of victory once again took over her face.

Ah ha!

Quickly going to her room to retrieve a similar file she sealed it empty before placing it where the original file was, taking the scholarship acceptance letter with her.

Time to set her plan in motion.