Failed promise

Warning: The following scenes are very gory, triggering and uncomfortable. Viewers discretion is advised

Something isn't right.

Something has completely changed. Thought Alessia as she sat at the café shop where Ryan had asked her out.

He's changing.

What's happening to him?

What's wrong with him?

Alessia's thought suddenly grew louder as she stared at the empty seat that Ryan was suppose to seated a while ago.

He promised.

He freaking promised.

He never breaks his promise.

Until now.

For some weeks now Ryan has been acting strange. He always seemed busy and barely had time for her. Not that she was acting clingy but he barely spends ten minutes with her without something coming up.

Sometimes he would look at her weirdly but then it was quickly gone before she could find out what it was.

She confronted him about this today and he suddenly fell really guilty apologising over again and kissing her all over her face.

He told her he would make it up to her and he would meet her at their usual café and he had something to show her.

But look at what we have now.

No Ryan.

Six hours, six minutes and thirty three seconds now four has passed since she came.

Alessia took time seriously.

She was the last one here. She had begged the owner to allow her a few more minutes.

Minutes which turned into hours.

The owner looked at Alessia sympathetically and knew who Alessia was waiting for.

"You better go home girl. It's almost 12 am. You have school."

Alessia sighed and slowly stood up looking at the door as wishing he would suddenly burst in which is unlikely. She looked over to the owner when they were outside the café and had finished locking up.

He's probably asleep by now.

"Thank you for allowing me to stay a while. I'm sorry for keeping you waiting." Alessia apologized and smiled sadly at the owner's direction.

"It's okay girly. Do you want a ride home? I could give you a cab fare." Alessia noticed the owner had an accent. Maybe it might not even be the first language, she noticed.

Alessia shook her head and declined politely. She didn't like people paying for her. It was engraved in her mind like that.

Minutes passed and Alessia hugged herself tightly to protect herself from the cold night air.

She started walking and suddenly regretted not taking the café owner's request.

It wasn't safe for a girl her age to be walking out in the dark streets at night at this time but she had gone out on nights like these to retrieve Angel and the darkness didn't scare her.

There was barely any moonlight to light her path and suddenly her thoughts consumed her.

He didn't show up.

He ditched me.

He promised.

Suddenly she felt her heart freeze but she controlled it.