The beginning

"Mom! Daddy!" Alessia shouted excitedly.

"MOM!"

Alessia ran straight to the living room but Angel and her parents where already gathered there.

"Oh sweetheart, we're so proud of you." Her mother gushed at Angel.

"I knew you'd be first. You're my daughter after all." Her daddy said proudly.

Angel smiled innocently, "Daddy, you promised you'd buy me anything I want if I pass. Right daddy?"

"Yes baby anything you want."

"Well daddy. There this new doll on sale we saw last week. And daddy, I want that dress me and Gina saw at Miss's Clarinda place yesterday. Oh and..."

Angel went on and on and by the looks of it it was going to cost a lot.

"Anything for you sweetheart, right Chad?" Her mother looked at her dad excitedly.

"Of course."

The three of them were so engrossed in their conversation they hadn't noticed Alessia standing next to them.

"I'm going to change out if these uniforms," Angel said and proceeded to kiss both her mommy and daddy on the cheeks.

With Angel finally gone Alessia proceeded to show her parents her result.

"Look daddy. I got a hundred on my test. See." Alessia said grinning at her daddy.

Her father just ignored her and turned to his wife. "The office just called me, said there's something very important I need to handle. I have to go."

She smiled at her husband, "Of course darling. Go ahead."

He placed a kiss on her forehead, took his car keys and left without a word.

Alessia silently watched her dad go and willed herself not to cry.

"Mommy." She turned to her mother and smiled sadly, "I got a hundred." She whispered sadly but you could hear the hope and expectancy in her voice.

Her mother slowly got up. "That's good." Her mother stated with a fake smile and left.

Her little heart that was filled with hope suddenly diminished and her sad eyes became glassy.

With slumped shoulders, she slowly climbed the stairs and was heading straight to her room when something caught her eye.

She quietly went into her sisters room and saw sister's her paper on the ground and picked it up.

Her eyes widened and she looked at her sister who just came from the bathroom.

"You, you photocopied my answers." Alessia exclaimed.

How was that even possible?

How did her mom say dad not see this?

"So what sissy?" Angel smiled evilly.

Alessia looked backed at the piece of paper. The cancellations,  the answers, the equations looked exactly,

Like her own.

"H-how?" She asked quietly.

Angel crossed her arms over her chest and shook her head, "That, is a secret I can not tell you."

Alessia's bottom lip quivered and a lump formed in her throat making it difficult for her to speak.

"I-i-i'll tell m-mommy and daddy." Alessia threatened.

Angel scoffed and shook her head, "As if they'll believe you over me. They already hate you as it is. You cannot do anything."

Angel smiled wickedly.